• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The experiences of a new Clinic member

and on

so you have entered the mysterious world of the clinic

where it's most important to be seen to be saying the right thing rather
than always stating 100% fact

and to be accepted by the majority

.................but there again........................

much of what is stated is just made up..................to adhere to rule 1 and conform to rule 2

Welcome! :)
My advice would be, just don't get addicted: you'll find your life will slip away from you and friends don't seem so interesting any more because they are not up on the latest confession from someone who once rode a bike in the 1980's.:eek:

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
coinneach said:
My advice would be, just don't get addicted: you'll find your life will slip away from you and friends don't seem so interesting any more because they are not up on the latest confession from someone who once rode a bike in the 1980's.:eek:

...or you initially find yourself doing battle with the "faithful" for several years that can't believe that something actually happened before they learned how to use a keyboard.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
coinneach said:

I'm not addicted, I can quit any time I want. I just choose not to.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
horsinabout said:
Being a new member I would like to say that the topics are quite useful, have their place, sometimes funny, possibly make a small difference??? but you don't half go on sometimes.

http://youtu.be/RDjCqjzbvJY

1. "New" members tend to post elsewhere.

2. Utterly pointless 'look at me' ego-stroking topic.

3. I thought we have a rule against sockpuppets? :rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
horsinabout said:
but you don't half go on sometimes.

What would we be doing if not going on?

The whole purpose of a forum is to be able to discuss and when people have time to spend here, what would they do differently?

The issue of doping appears murky from the inside of cycling, let alone from the public perspective. Sometimes the "going on" allows the same issue to be looked at from multiple perspectives that eventually pulls the truth out, well in advance of anything official.

That's not a failure of the forum or the members. That's one of its biggest successes.