• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"The Good Wife" 01/13/13 episode insults WADA process and CAS

Story is about female athlete "who would never dope" who is being railroaded by unfairly fast process, dubious witness statements, US anti doping agency, "the notorious six", and CAS.

The "real" story is that she's hiding getting an abortion because it would devastate her parents, but revealing it is the only way she can defend herself. The point is its unfair to reverse the burden proof and require the athlete to prove innocence.

As a bonus they play Edith Piaf during a love scene.

Ninety5rpm said:
Story is about female athlete "who would never dope" who is being railroaded by unfairly fast process, dubious witness statements, US anti doping agency, "the notorious six", and CAS.

The "real" story is that she's hiding getting an abortion because it would devastate her parents, but revealing it is the only way she can defend herself. The point is its unfair to reverse the burden proof and require the athlete to prove innocence.

So Armstrong was simply pregnant? Is that what's going to come out of the Oprah interview?

JPM London said:
So Armstrong was simply pregnant? Is that what's going to come out of the Oprah interview?
The implication is that the accused athlete might have a legitimate reason to not make public the evidence required to prove his innocence, which is why it's unfair to put the burden of proof on the athlete. The pregnancy in this case was just an example of the kind of evidence that might be.

It's all ridiculous, of course, but this is the meme about the WADA process that is being passed on as a result of the Armstrong case.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
The implication is that the accused athlete might have a legitimate reason to not make public the evidence required to prove his innocence, which is why it's unfair to put the burden off proof on the athlete. The pregnancy in this case was just an example of the kind of evidence that might be.

It's all ridiculous, of course, but this is the meme about the WADA process that is being passed on as a result of the Armstrong case.
Maybe its just me, but I see a problem in "his" defense.

I have zero doubt that the anti-doping agencies could keep an abortion secret, and cover it with "medical issue", and respect the athletes privacy.

I mean everyone knows the exact details of what went on with Castor Semenya, don't we ?

So whilst it may make good TV (I didn't watch it so can't comment on that portion) it is plainly fiction and needs to be examined in that light.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:

hehehhe, lemme guess. The producer is the dude who does 24, who said he aim was to normalise torture. muppet.

hollywood has always been a bastion of american exceptionalism, and their foreign policy harking back to marshal plan