• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Grand Jury has sat

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
July 30 has come and gone, evidence has been considered and deliberations over a possible trial have begun.

I wonder what they heard yesterday?

I'm a little confused: were only documents sought or were Lemond, Hamilton actually there and asked questions?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere; Mods please move or delete if so.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
CycloErgoSum said:
July 30 has come and gone, evidence has been considered and deliberations over a possible trial have begun.

I'm a little confused: were only documents sought or were Lemond, Hamilton actually there and asked questions?

Where did the 7/30 date come from? I thought there have been no official statements from Novitzky and Miller as to what, when, etc..

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Was widely reported that Lemond had been called to testify on 30 July - which then became the deadline for him to present documentation to the3 Grand Jury

CycloErgoSum said:

I think this is jumping the gun. The 7/30 date was in reference to Lemond's subpoenae, and his alone.

We don't know how long the GJ has been sitting, when they were empaneled, etc. We also don't know how long they will be hearing testimony. These things can go on for weeks if not months.

Considering the Trek document subpoenae is only several weeks old as well, and it's unlikely the SCA document production is complete, just going through docs will be a long process. I'm guessing there will be US Postal Service documents to review, records from Tailwaind Sports, and quite a bit from other entities as well.

The prosecution has to review and digest all of this before presenting everything to the GJ, plus however many witnesses may be called to testify, and it could be awhile before anything is known (i.e. indictments).

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not a law expert but my guess is it will be a long, long time before anything is settled here. Landis' allegations were just two months ago. I would imagine it will be at least a year if not more.

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Was widely reported that Lemond had been called to testify on 30 July - which then became the deadline for him to present documentation to the3 Grand Jury

Grand Juries often convene for weeks, if not months. They could be hearing testimony on this for some time to come before determining whether or not to indict.

TRENDING THREADS