• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 235 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not a too big selection of quality riders without a contract for next season.

Tao and Healy the biggest names? But I would be pretty suprised if Tao didn't extend with Ineos.
A decent selection of sprinters like Ackermann, Jakobsen, Kooij.
Ineos have some possible good domestiques like Sivakov, De Plus, Martinez without a contract. At least on of these to QS?

And besides these. Cosnefroy. And some fairly good talents like Rodriguez, Bagioli, Schmid and of course Jorgenson. Not the biggest selection of names.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure of Tao re-signing with Ineos. Both sides would like it to happen, but he's going to want more money & Ineos are going to realize they're the team with the highest payroll and are unable to win the big races. Tao's place at Ineos may be dependent on a certain welshman retiring or not.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I wouldn't be so sure of Tao re-signing with Ineos. Both sides would like it to happen, but he's going to want more money & Ineos are going to realize they're the team with the highest payroll and are unable to win the big races. Tao's place at Ineos may be dependent on a certain welshman retiring or not.
They also have Sivakov, De Plus, Rodriguez and Martinez on expiring contracts. So I would be suprised if a couple of these don't leave and Tao resigns. He and Bernal are the only obivous GC contenders in Ineos after Thomas retires or declines. Pidcock could be an option, but that is still uncertain.

Tao is Ineos' best chance for another British GT for a few years yet in all likelihood. Unlikely to be leaving IMO

• Wow
Hirschi has a contract for 2024 (Mader rumoured to not have one). Also why would he know this stuff. He isn't known a someone with this kind of info right?
I don't know if he is trustworthy. But little surprise if UAE let him go.

Nice if this is the case. Especially Hirschi escaping UAE.
I think UAE have been a fine team for him. But unfortunately he have been injured for pretty most 2,5 year.
Bad luck more than anything.

I think UAE have been a fine team for him. But unfortunately he have been injured for pretty most 2,5 year.
Bad luck more than anything.
First I just don't like UAE. And secondly Pog will be their main man in every hilly race where he competes. Hirschi should rather find a new team where he will be their captain for those type of races. Tudor would be an obvious choice if they have ambitions. Trek would also be a good team.

Last edited:
I actually think they have found a nice niche for Hirschi to score wins this season. Based on his performances over the past year(s), they would have had every reason to demote him to a pure domestique.

I may be wrong, but personally I wouldn't really expect much more from him than an occasional .1 win at Tudor either, to be honest.

I actually think they have found a nice niche for Hirschi to score wins this season. Based on his performances over the past year(s), they would have had every reason to demote him to a pure domestique.

I may be wrong, but personally I wouldn't really expect much more from him than an occasional .1 win at Tudor either, to be honest.
I wouldn‘t be so down on him, he should be a stage hunter in GTs and he has finished Top 10 in LBL in each of the last four years. He‘s also still only 24.

He can still be a stage hunter in big stage races and go for top 10, occasional top 5 or even podium (with a bit of luck) in bigger one day races. He's too good for Tudor (with all due respect) imo.

First I just don't like UAE. And secondly Pog will be their main man in every hilly race where he competes. Hirschi should rather find a new team where he will be their captain for those type of races. Tudor would be an obvious choice if they have ambitions. Trek would also be a good team.

Forsure Pogacar will be their main man in every hilly race where he competes. And Ayuso will probably also be a head of Hirschi.
But my point is just that I don't think you can blame UAE for his past 2-3 seasons.

Btw was Tudor even invited to FW and LBL?

Agree! I think the made him a nice calendar to get him back in shape and still get to win some races.

Going by his #Transfermole-posts he had some right calls but also Narvaez to Movistar and Senechal to Ineos in the summer of 2021. Dude shitposts a lot and wants people to pay for this betting tips, not my cup of tea.

@cirogazzetta and @dnlbenson also make wrong calls and things can also change.

I actually noted a quite good track-record around UAE news from him.
I remember he called Felix Groß to UAE in this forum 3-4 month before it got in the news.
That's not a transfer you just random could have guessed.

TRENDING THREADS