• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 331 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well... we don't really have a legislation in those matters. It's just... some public figures are known by their middle names, especially if their actual last name is a "sen-name", because those are just so frickin common and boring.
Just to clarify; there is legislation for what names you can have - for example; you can only have one name that's listed as your surname - but there is not legislation for what names you can be known by in media, if you're the kind of person who's known by media.
We gave our kids hyphenated lastnames so no disambiguation when (at least) the youngest one rips up the cobble classics in 15 years time.

Reactions: Sandisfan
A slightly strange non-renewal, really. Out of his depth at WT level, but put him in low level races with a significant climb and he can score plenty of cheap points. Could be useful for Caja Rural if your hunch is correct.
confirmed now:

Todome to EF is also surprising as Nippo was reported to reduce their sponsorship - or did that only affect the devo team?

We gave our kids hyphenated lastnames so no disambiguation when (at least) the youngest one rips up the cobble classics in 15 years time.

Just makes sure it's absolutely certain it's a hyphenated name. Otherwise, there could be some confusion.

Chris Juul-Jensen has a hyphenated name, or maybe he doesn't... he's not entirely sure himself. Still often gets referred to as simply "Chris Juul" anyway.

Just makes sure it's absolutely certain it's a hyphenated name. Otherwise, there could be some confusion.

Chris Juul-Jensen has a hyphenated name, or maybe he doesn't... he's not entirely sure himself. Still often gets referred to as simply "Chris Juul" anyway.

Boasson-Hagen's name is hyphenated nowadays, but then most people usually call him by both names anyway, so there's not a lot of confusion there.

I've always doubted that Berwick was WT Level, but he will be good value riding their calendar.
I actually think he was just starting to find his feet racing in Europe, it can take time for riders coming out of the Australian domestic scene to get used to the euro peloton and this season it looked like Berwick was doing that.
You are right about the calendar he should get racing Caj Rural, if he is any good he’ll get a chance with them to show it and at his age he’s still got time to move back into the WT if his results are good enough.

Someone seems to have slightly misunderstood what "retired" means...

But of course... several riders who "retire" ends up just doing gravel...

Reactions: Sandisfan
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...l-remain-at-bora-hansgrohe-i-cant-answer-that
...Uijtdebroeks, in an interview with VTM, said: "Many things are said and written, but many of them are not correct". At the insistence about his future at BORA - hansgrohe, the cyclist adopted a reserved and emphatic stance: "I have no comments to make about those matters at the moment".
Ralph Denk, team manager of BORA-hansgrohe, has remained cautious about this wave of speculation according to Wielerflits: "At the moment there is nothing on the table. It's a big advantage that he still has a contract until next year. I don't know if he'll end up leaving, but for the moment nothing is on the table."

(Ineos have only 26 riders down for 2024 so maybe things might be afoot)

Cian is of interest to a few teams apparently - Ineos (who need someone to replace G), Lidl-Trek (who have Hart and no one else for GT) and now Roglic has gone, Jumbo have a spot for the Giro/Vuelta.
But Jumbo said they want to give their younger guys a chance at the Giro, while Van Aert will have a free role to win stages and the points jersey. Show everyone how great he is.

Tour, Vinge with Kuss as support.

Vuelta, Vinge + Kuss.

I dont see why/how they would be in for Uijtebroeks. He will have a hard time winning races in the pros imo.

Vinge could be great for another +5 years quite easily.

I would think guys like Nordhagen, who is on their devo team next year, and potentially Withen are guys who will be the future for them.