• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 329 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
probably, yeah, or also guys like Schönberger at B&B, Houle at Astana, Tizza at Bingoal etc. It's fairly common that the bike manufacturer has a word.

Or any (name) sponsor. I think I heard somewhere that Soudal (the company) has a fairly big market in Denmark, so they want(ed?) to have a Dane on the team they sponsor. Which is why Lotto signed Byriel after Bak left.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Alan Banaszek is heading back to Mazowsze, but I'd hesitate before adding him to your CQ longlists as he'll be concentrating on the track.

Fabbro to Eolo/Polti-Kometa

Fabbro to Eolo/Polti-Kometa
Good replacement for Fortunato.
Fabbro has had varoious physical problems after getting Covid early in 2022. If he shows his 2020/2021 Tirreno form once again they made a great signing.

Curious to see if Aleotti will stay at Bora.

The other interesting Italian out of contract is Zoccarato. Get him on a team that rides the cobbled classics!
The guy can climb a bit for a 74kg guy, he is able to push 5.5 w/kg (or over 400W) for an hour. Wouldn't be a bad domestique for bigger teams to keep breakaways in check.

Blasphemous rumour! Why would you post this?

Only when officially confirmed, I will start to believe it.

:rolleyes:

As mentioned before; post rumours all you want, but don't act as if they're confirmed until they are. There were people around here who acted like the Evenepoel-to-Ineos rumour was a sure thing, even after multiple articles where he said he was staying where he is.
I would be very surprised if it's true, hence why I refer to it as a "weird rumour".

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Been thinking, if Astana are building a team around Cav, is there any chance they could be replacing Wilier with Specialized? Just thinking FDJ are on Wilier and Total Energies off Specialized it seems doable. Given Cavs relationship with Specialized. Also appears Morkov has some kind of ties with the big S too?

• Wow
Been thinking, if Astana are building a team around Cav, is there any chance they could be replacing Wilier with Specialized? Just thinking FDJ are on Wilier and Total Energies off Specialized it seems doable. Given Cavs relationship with Specialized. Also appears Morkov has some kind of ties with the big S too?
Yes, Astana and Specialized are 100% going to commit to a 38yr old sprinter who was supposed to retire this year and a 38year old washed up leadout.
Not to mention Specialized are drooling over the prospect to attach their name to the worst WT team of 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93
If Astana are building a team around Cav, they're gonna need Norton 500's, not Specialized. lol

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Yes, Astana and Specialized are 100% going to commit to a 38yr old sprinter who was supposed to retire this year and a 38year old washed up leadout.
Not to mention Specialized are drooling over the prospect to attach their name to the worst WT team of 2023.
They've already signed a full lead out train and renshaw as a DS no? Says to me they're building a team around him. Was just a thought, no need to be so rude about it.

They've already signed a full lead out train and renshaw as a DS no? Says to me they're building a team around him. Was just a thought, no need to be so rude about it.
It makes sense for them to build a team around him in the short term, because if they can get him that Tour stage, that's going to be their jersey in the spotlight for the biggest non-GC story in the Tour in years (at least since Sagan breaking the green jersey record, but I think the stage win record will probably be seen as a bigger deal since it's stood far longer and it's Merckx that holds it), and they may take such a route to try to mop up smaller races since the whole deal with losing Supermán probably put a huge spanner in the works for their stage race points plans, leaving them heavily reliant on Lutsenko unless Charmig or Fortunato can really step up and deliver on their promise. Changing out the bike provider is more of a long term deal, however, and while some riders' links to specific companies will carry that kind of connection (see Sagan and Total Energies), and certainly in the early 2010s Cav would have been worth such a deal, probably at this point in time if there is a change in bike manufacturer, he's only going to be one of many factors involved rather than the driving force.