• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 327 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kudus to Intermarche would make lots of sense. Eiking coming back would make sense too. Not sure if that will happen though, due to money.

BORA was supposed to extend with both Aleotti and Koretzky, so numbers don't add up this time.

Doull and Quinn have been confirmed to stay at EF. Shaw and Caicedo should be normally staying as well.

There's a spot left at Astana which I would guess it could go to Zeits, he is still useful, at least more than Nibali / Basso / random kazakhs.

on the Cicloweb forum, I read that Caicedo will join Camargo at Mexican CT Petrolike. There's no mention of this elsewhere, as far as I can see, but the guy who posted it is normally well informed about Italian cycling (Petrolike will have a base in Italy).
Caicedo leaving EF wouldn't surprise me that much but him not being able to find another pro contract would. He almost won a Vuelta stage and had some decent performances in Burgos and Gran Piemonte. You would think that it would be enough to land a spot at least in one of the Spanish PRT teams or something.

Palzer today was confirmed to stay with Bora

Poor man's Francis De Greef. Palzer must be the least flashy rider in the peloton, but his results have shown that he belongs at WT level. Seems solid enough, even if I've hardly ever seen him do anything really productive in a race. Anyway, it's always interesting to follow these unconventional pro cyclist stories. We seem to be getting more of those nowadays.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Jansen Amund Grøndahl29Uno-X looks full, might not be good for him.
From what I've been reading from Norwegian cycling journos on Twitter it seems like Jansen still have a contract with Jayco for next season. My guess is that it was a 3+1 year contract or they have agreed on a new 1 year deal earlier this season. They have 29 confirmed on PCS and with Jansen they will be full, right?

From the same guys it seems that Foss to Ineos is done deal, they are just waiting the announcement (some guy in here said there might be a chance that Ineos present him at the same time as Pinarello (might) drop a new TT bike).

Boasson Hagen is in trouble to find a new team. Eiking also, but there have been some talk about him continuing with EF.

Poor man's Francis De Greef. Palzer must be the least flashy rider in the peloton, but his results have shown that he belongs at WT level. Seems solid enough, even if I've hardly ever seen him do anything really productive in a race. Anyway, it's always interesting to follow these unconventional pro cyclist stories. We seem to be getting more of those nowadays.

Francis De Greef is too much for Palzer i think, but yeah.

He would be fit the Francis De Greef - Thomas Degand - Marco Minnaard scale.

Surprised if Caicedo is leaving EF, especially if he is unable to find a Pro Contract.

Read on an interview with Julius Johansen that he is still hopeful that can extend with Intermarché.

[
Dries De Bondt is heavily rumoured to Ag2r

Koretzky will stay another year with Bora and Specialized Factory

I doubt Julius Johansen will be going to Corratec since he's based in Spain, but stranger things has happened.

Lafay to Ag2R was also confirmed in French press.
Palzer today was confirmed to stay with Bora

BORA was supposed to extend with both Aleotti and Koretzky, so numbers don't add up this time.
Doull and Quinn have been confirmed to stay at EF. Shaw and Caicedo should be normally staying as well.

on the Cicloweb forum, I read that Caicedo will join Camargo at Mexican CT Petrolike.

From what I've been reading from Norwegian cycling journos on Twitter it seems like Jansen still have a contract with Jayco for next season.
From the same guys it seems that Foss to Ineos is done deal,
Eiking ... some talk about him continuing with EF.

Read on an interview with Julius Johansen that he is still hopeful that can extend with Intermarché.

See: there are lots of rumours out there. It just needed a set of wild guesses to tease them out.

Here's a first. The source of this rumour is a ten-pin bowling game scorecard. :D

It's from the ATT get-together.
400114685_18392063629035053_5713001120674414410_n.jpg

400125902_18392063626035053_2435270396472785790_n.jpg
The two unknowns are Bartosz and Matyas. I'm guessing Bartosz Rudyk (from Vosters) and Matyas Fiala.

Not the most exciting news, but worth it for the source.

He's been Mørkøving a lot for Consonni and Coquard anyway.
And where has that got him? Not like Morkov has been Morkoving the last two seasons himself but he had no issue getting a contract. Casper Pedsersen for example will have no issue finding a contract at the end of next year. My point being riding for a top 5 team would of guaranteed him a contract for a few more years on lower tier WT teams.

My point being riding for a top 5 team would of guaranteed him a contract for a few more years on lower tier WT teams.
do we know he had an offer from Quickstep, though, or any other top team?

When Cimolai left IPT, he said that (now having a family) he was looking for the best possible offer, no matter what's his role in the team. So if a better team approached him, it probably was for significantly less money.

do we know he had an offer from Quickstep, though, or any other top team?

When Cimolai left IPT, he said that (now having a family) he was looking for the best possible offer, no matter what's his role in the team. So if a better team approached him, it probably was for significantly less money.
IIRC he had an offer from Quickstep but choose cofidis, they wanted to turn him into the next morkov.

Last edited:
Maybe belongs at top tier but unless he is generating a lot of marketing buzz for Bora then I can’t see how he justifies a place in a top 6 /8 team.

'Provisionally suspended Miguel Angel López close to transfer to EOLO-Kometa'

💀

Last edited:
Maybe belongs at top tier but unless he is generating a lot of marketing buzz for Bora then I can’t see how he justifies a place in a top 6 /8 team.
It doesn't necessarily require much to "justify a place in a top 6 /8 team"
https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/chih-hao-tu
I did more kilometres and more days of riding in a two week holiday than Tu did racing in this year as a professional.

'Provisionally suspended Miguel Angel López close to transfer to EOLO-Kometa'

💀
I'll go the RHD way and call this just a rumour. Don't see this happening.