• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 338 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
3307c1377167bc80bafaf5ddf5c080800a0011ac.png

The message is pretty clear.

Well she's been training the house down since she returned to Melbourne, she certainly doesn't give the appearance she's about to call it quits.

The fact is that she's in good form as evidenced by the Tour of Bright, and she would be the favorite for the TDU if she rides the race - As Movistar is not riding the race, reckon it will be one of the eight WT teams who are participating in the TDU - Lets hope she makes a wise decision.

Reactions: claude cat
The fact is that she's in good form as evidenced by the Tour of Bright, and she would be the favorite for the TDU if she rides the race - As Movistar is not riding the race, reckon it will be one of the eight WT teams who are participating in the TDU - Lets hope she makes a wise decision.
Have Jayco named their women's team for the TDU? The men's team was annouced last week IIRC.
Edit: Women's line up was announced on the 11th of December, so if she rides the TDU it won't be with Jayco.

Have Jayco named their women's team for the TDU? The men's team was annouced last week IIRC.
Edit: Women's line up was announced on the 11th of December, so if she rides the TDU it won't be with Jayco.

The women's team has been announced - Logically, she would move to Jayco, but this has not featured in any of her career decisions so far. If she has not signed for any of the eight WT teams at the TDU, she will probably ride for the national team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Vingegaard has extended his contract until the end of 2028, while Kuss remains until 2027.

• Wow
Last edited:
Uno-X announced on Twitter that Halland Johannessen brothers have extended with Uno-X out 2026.

That means they currently have 13 riders under contract out 2026 season already, which gives them a certain stability in years to come.
These 13:
THJ, Wærenskjold, Cort, Leknessund, Tiller, J.Kulset, Hvideberg, Abrahamsen, AHJ, Resell, Dversnes, Dalby & Henrik Pedersen.
That is some solid long term core to build around!

It will be important that they manage to sign Fredheim on a longer deal also, his runs out in 2025. Among the rest of the team there are some quality, but they already have the most important ones tied down.

The women's team has been announced - Logically, she would move to Jayco, but this has not featured in any of her career decisions so far. If she has not signed for any of the eight WT teams at the TDU, she will probably ride for the national team.
It would make sense on so many levels... firstly, because they ride Giant bikes ;)

Is there a particular reason why she seems to avoid them? I can imagine they've tried to sign her, at least.

It would make sense on so many levels... firstly, because they ride Giant bikes ;)

Is there a particular reason why she seems to avoid them? I can imagine they've tried to sign her, at least.

It's one of the mysteries of the world - Jayco is often linked with Aussie riders and often they have no interest for example Dennis and Porte, however, Jayco has been desperate to sign Gigante for years - The only plausable scenario, I can think of is that she does not wish to have the pressure of an Aussie, leading an Aussie team.

Anyway, her career decisions so far have been flawed, so lets hope she's got it right this time, because on potential she is far and away the best Aussie rider. Finally, she is my favorite for the TDU and she can Brown a race for her money in the National's ITT.

It's one of the mysteries of the world - Jayco is often linked with Aussie riders and often they have no interest for example Dennis and Porte, however, Jayco has been desperate to sign Gigante for years - The only plausable scenario, I can think of is that she does not wish to have the pressure of an Aussie, leading an Aussie team.

Anyway, her career decisions so far have been flawed, so lets hope she's got it right this time, because on potential she is far and away the best Aussie rider. Finally, she is my favorite for the TDU and she can Brown a race for her money in the National's ITT.

I don't think you can blame her former teams for all her physical issues though (she's been very unlucky), but the relationship with Movistar was obviously not working out by the end either. You have also criticised Jayco quite a lot for how they've managed the riders they have, so who knows if it had been better for her to have raced for them.

Anyway I definitely hope this move works out.
AGI-SQS seems like a good team to be a part of.

It sounded like CUL might ride TDU from the fdj training camp videoes, she will spend xmas and ny in Australia with her partner.

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
About Gigante's poor logic not going to Jayco in 2018/19/20/now, it's pretty hard to get on a team if they don't want you...
Sounds like she'll be happy at AG though. Fingers crossed

TRENDING THREADS