• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Great Grand-Tour-Game 2014/15 "TdF Monster Edition"

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Flamin said:
That's good news, though there's guys coming from behind too :) only looking at my division, aarnold has no correct spots so he looks better than me as well.

Thats the secret I didnt wanna tell you. ;) Didnt wanna kill your confidence... Mortand on 8th also no correct spots... thus, very very tight race between the T-9 at least...
No need to mention Mortand will come on strong later anyway.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
For next year a "Injury-Rule" will be added (counting for all 3 GTs)...
Basic concept;
Max 2 CG riders can be replaced (and must be used as soon a rider abandons, so before the next stage starts) with two upfront named replacements.
Max 2 stage picks can be replaced (and must be used as soon a rider abandons, so before the next stage starts) with two upfront named replacements.

Open for further/better ideas...

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Basic concept;
Max 2 CG riders can be replaced (and must be used as soon a rider abandons, so before the next stage starts) with two upfront named replacements.
Max 2 stage picks can be replaced (and must be used as soon a rider abandons, so before the next stage starts) with two upfront named replacements.

Yes I like the idea of naming a replacement GC and stage pick when we submit our entries.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Provisional Standings Stage 9:

No need to mention Mortand will come on strong later anyway.

With later, I didn´t mean tomorrow Mortand. ;)
So the lone ex World Champ still in the game is taking the overall lead...

And Arredondo now in the T-16. Who would have thought.

The Anquetil Division
34.0 FoxxyBrown1111
33.5 l.Harm
33.0 Geraint Too Fast (DC)
28.0 Arredondo
-------------------------------------------------------
27.0 Eshnar

The Bartali Division
32.5 mutschi (DC)
32.0 Wallenquist
31.5 ILovecycling
30.0 al_pacino
28.5 vladimir

The Coppi Division
34.0 aarnold517
33.0 Flamin
31.0 diggercuz (DC)
29.5 The Hitch
29.0 Ruudz0r

The Defraeye Division
34.5 mortand (WC/DC)
34.5 Hugo87
31.0 Pricey_sky
30.0 the sceptic
27.0 Vino attacks everyone

Provisional Championship Division Standings Stage 9:

1 (+7) mortand 34.5
2 (+1) Hugo87 34.5
3 (-1) FoxxyBrown1111 34
4 (+5) aarnold517 34
5 (+2) l.Harm 33.5
6 (-1) Flamin 33
7 (-6) Geraint Too Fast 33
8 (-2) mutschi 32.5
9 (-5) Wallenquist 32
10 (--) ILovecycling 31.5
11 (+3) Pricey_sky 31
12 (-1) diggercuz 31
13 (-1) al_pacino 30
14 (-1) the sceptic 30
15 (N) The Hitch 29.5
16 (N) Arredondo 28

All tabs are sorted by tie-breakers (if needed), even when not mentioned...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Good job Arnold, looking forward a nice battle... Your replacement being "alive" is a major plus. Basically you can put him in the exact spot for 2 points if gaps are big enough after stage 15.
You must be considered a co-favo now.

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Ha... good. Have to keep that in mind. Ofc we´ll not favour bad picks. ;)

What about naming a replacement for a stage win and another replacement for a GC pick, these can be used anytime (or maybe even only during final week?) via notification of a message to Foxxy.
The stage pick is an obvious swap, but for GC you can either swap 2 riders around on your T20, thus creating the chance of 2 extra bonus points, or substituting your replacement into the T20 in place of a rider who has abandoned or is doing poor.

There is obviously still an element of luck about it, but it should give the chance for every player to earn at least 1 extra point.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Basic concept;

I like this game because it has a simple format. Pick 20 GC, pick 20 stage winners. You do all the work beforehand and then you can sit back and enjoy. From all the games I every played this also seems to be the only game that is very tight and full of suspension right to the end. I think it is perfect as it is and I wouldn't change it. I have Bouhanni 3x and Sagan 1x in stages to come so it hurts me. However, on the long run everyone has a bit of bad and good luck and it will level out. While luck plays a role it seems that the same group of players are at the top after every GC so I think the skill/luck balance is perfect too. The Vuelta always has more people abandon because of end-of-season fatigue and the worlds to come. Just how it is.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

How in this world did nobody have Degenkolb for today? Not that it is bad, since I was running a "dead horse"... but still interesting.

mutschi said:
I like this game because it has a simple format. Pick 20 GC, pick 20 stage winners. You do all the work beforehand and then you can sit back and enjoy. From all the games I every played this also seems to be the only game that is very tight and full of suspension right to the end. I think it is perfect as it is and I wouldn't change it. I have Bouhanni 3x and Sagan 1x in stages to come so it hurts me. However, on the long run everyone has a bit of bad and good luck and it will level out. While luck plays a role it seems that the same group of players are at the top after every GC so I think the skill/luck balance is perfect too. The Vuelta always has more people abandon because of end-of-season fatigue and the worlds to come. Just how it is.

After reading this, I might skip the idea of "injury replacements", also since Flamin did hint at other problems that would occur with CG replacements...
Tonight I will look at how the injury-bad luck is spread over the players. If its more or less even, I wont change rules...
So, I am almost 100% convinced. :)

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised as well, though he has a hard time racking up wins lately, which he showed again today, even without Sagan and Bouhanni.

Big blow for Henao today, my only reserve pick that could still earn me something :(

Oh, many have him in top-20 even.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Flamin said:
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised as well, though he has a hard time racking up wins lately, which he showed again today, even without Sagan and Bouhanni.

Big blow for Henao today, my only reserve pick that could still earn me something :(

Oh, many have him in top-20 even.

Yep... while you lost a potential point, many of us lost real points...

Provisional Standings Stage 10:

... so lets sing "What a difference a day makes... and the difference is Henao"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEgS7eilMCg

Mortand now running away, while Vladimir hits the T-16 for the first time, and Hugo drops big time.
I am glad not to be in Bartali...

The Anquetil Division
33.0 FoxxyBrown1111
33.0 Geraint Too Fast (DC)
32.5 l.Harm
27.0 Arredondo
27.0 Eshnar

The Bartali Division
31.5 mutschi (DC)
31.0 Wallenquist
30.5 ILovecycling
30.5 vladimir
30.0 al_pacino

The Coppi Division
33.0 Flamin
33.0 aarnold517
30.0 diggercuz (DC)
29.0 Ruudz0r
28.5 The Hitch

The Defraeye Division
34.5 mortand (WC/DC)
31.5 Hugo87
30.0 Pricey_sky
29.0 the sceptic
27.0 Vino attacks everyone

Provisional Championship Division Standings Stage 10:

1 (--) mortand 34.5
2 (+4) Flamin 33
3 (--) FoxxyBrown1111 33
4 (--) aarnold517 33
5 (+2) Geraint Too Fast 33
6 (-1) l.Harm 32.5
7 (-5) Hugo87 31.5
8 (--) mutschi 31.5
9 (--) Wallenquist 31
10 (--) ILovecycling 30.5
11 (N) vladimir 30.5
12 (-1) Pricey_sky 30
13 (-1) diggercuz 30
14 (N) Ruudz0r 29
15 (-1) the sceptic 29
16 (--) Arredondo 27

All tabs are sorted by tie-breakers (if needed), even when not mentioned...

Wow! I was five points adrift three stages ago in Bartali, and now I'm suddenly back into contention :eek:
It's almost like the Tour all over again; I'm not scoring (had big hopes for Simon today :mad: ) but everybody else screws up in the provisionals so I'm crawling myself back :D

Word-files not visible anymore. No clue what happened, but I got to say it does not surprise me completely. I hope he rethinks his decision and put the files online. Maybe he can communicate the results with a user here.

But I guess that won't happen. Foxxy does not strike me as someone who changes his mind.

Too bad, it's a great game and has been well organized by Foxxy from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.