• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Jake Keough Show in Uruguay

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
CapeRoadie said:
The Cape Cod, Massachusetts native has won Stage 1, Stage 3 and Stage 4 of the 66th Tour of Uruguay.
Great showing by your local star, Cape. Is this his first full year as a pro? The Keough's are quite a talented family.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Dude,
Come one brother... Tour of Uruguay? I would be ashamed to have that in my palmares.... I guess next stop is Tour of Zambia or Uganda, where he can probably put an "a la Merckx" performance.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Wattini said:
Dude,
Come one brother... Tour of Uruguay? I would be ashamed to have that in my palmares.... I guess next stop is Tour of Zambia or Uganda, where he can probably put an "a la Merckx" performance.

Who would ever be "ashamed" of winning any race? The Tour of Uruguay is in its 66th year, so it's probably a pretty prestigious race for South America. You sound like a xenophobe who has little better to do than to sit on his **** and criticize others. Listen, these are real people with real careers. Do you also go around criticizing schoolteachers or doctors because they don't work at Oxford or the biggest hospitals? How is winning three stages in your first international race a bad thing? What have you, yourself, accomplished on a bicycle? The Tour of Around the Block? Maybe you should change your screen name from Dr. Wattini to Dr. Teeny Watt.