• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Kid's new team is.....

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Go Kid ! Go Kid !!!!!! Give me a C ! C ! Give me a O ! O !

Alonso is much better than B-Grade actors like Stiller.... How cool is the Kid ?
_____

MADRID (AFP) — Spain's two-time Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso is planning to set up a cycling team headed by his compatriot Alberto Contador, the 2007 Tour de France winner, a newspaper said Monday.

Alonso has already discussed the project with Contador, who is delighted to take part in it even though he still has a year left on his contract with his current team Astana, sports daily Marca reported without citing any source.

The team could be sponsored by one of the current sponsors of Alonso's Renault team, including Santander, Spain's largest bank and one of Europe's biggest, the newspaper added.

Alonso, the Formula One world champion in 2005 and 2006, was present at the start of the Tour de France on July 4 in Monaco in which Contador is taking part.

Contador is now second overall in the Tour, six seconds behind yellow jersey holder Rinaldo Nocentini of Italy following the race's ninth stage on Sunday.

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
whiteboytrash said:
Go Kid ! Go Kid !!!!!! Give me a C ! C ! Give me a O ! O !

Alonso is much better than B-Grade actors like Stiller.... How cool is the Kid ?
_____

MADRID (AFP) — Spain's two-time Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso is planning to set up a cycling team headed by his compatriot Alberto Contador, the 2007 Tour de France winner, a newspaper said Monday.

Alonso has already discussed the project with Contador, who is delighted to take part in it even though he still has a year left on his contract with his current team Astana, sports daily Marca reported without citing any source.

The team could be sponsored by one of the current sponsors of Alonso's Renault team, including Santander, Spain's largest bank and one of Europe's biggest, the newspaper added.

Alonso, the Formula One world champion in 2005 and 2006, was present at the start of the Tour de France on July 4 in Monaco in which Contador is taking part.

Contador is now second overall in the Tour, six seconds behind yellow jersey holder Rinaldo Nocentini of Italy following the race's ninth stage on Sunday.

So, any Spanish riders in the current Tour looking to impress and gain a place on the new home team should form an orderly queue next to AC the second Armstrong attacks.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Fernando is a super character.

Wasn't their a photo of Alonso and Sastre riding at the start of the year.....?

Get in there ! I name them the Flying Contadors !

Go Alberto !!!!! Rub it into Levi's bald scone !

whiteboytrash said:

All u need are knee pads and a girls cheerleader outfit and you can be the the Flying Contadors mascot.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

Alonso-Sastre3.jpg

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Zen Master said:
Hmmm maybe to sit a little lower but Nando obviously have a good taste for cycling equipment

Colnago CX-1 with Campy Record 11-sp and Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR wheels
bravo-009.gif

Alonso goes out with hotter chics than Armstrong and has more money.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
whiteboy do you have a link, but I really hope this is true contador needs to go to a team where he is the main rider, look for LLS to join that team. I don't know about richer but his girl's are definitely hotter.

But if there's a TTT in next year's Tour it would be foolish to leave a team with Kloden & Leipheimer. He could build an impressive TT squad with a few Spaniards, but I think Astana (in whatever incarnation) would still be the dominant team in that discipline.

mr. tibbs said:
But if there's a TTT in next year's Tour it would be foolish to leave a team with Kloden & Leipheimer. He could build an impressive TT squad with a few Spaniards, but I think Astana (in whatever incarnation) would still be the dominant team in that discipline.

Yeah, you don't need another Euskatel or Caisse team. They need some engines as well.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
whiteboy do you have a link, but I really hope this is true contador needs to go to a team where he is the main rider, look for LLS to join that team. I don't know about richer but his girl's are definitely hotter.

Much better girls.... way better dresser than Armstrong as well.... Kid Contador is going to have it all........ and out Tour's before long...

fernando-alonso-2005.jpg

fernando-alonso-junto-a-raquel-del-rosario-en-la-gala-de-la-formula-1-1092.jpg

You know how to make a small fortune in Professional Cycling??.... start with a large one. Style does not get the job done... It's nice when you can afford it, but it's a by product not a prerequisite.

This will be fun to watch. Unfortunately I see pain and suffering ahead for Alberto

We're going to play a little game called "you know you're a D-BAG when..."

You know you're a D-BAG when....
....you spend 7 thousand euros on a bike and don't bother to have it fit properly, never mind another thousand in apparel

...you spend 7 thousand on a bike and you only put 1 water bottle cage on the Italian masterpiece, how far are you going to ride on 24 ounces of fluid?

...you get a chance to ride with the reigning TDF champion and it's clearly just a photo opportunity

Hate to blow up the man-crush but somebody had to do it.

As far as the team, let me know when they have a Protour license, actual bike sponsors, and a list of signed riders. When, and if they do, I'll actually be happy because I would really like to see Contador riding freely and aggresively on his own team against the top contenders. BTW, none of those girls pictured really "do it" for me either, I'm too much of a gentleman to explain why.

Bala Verde said:

We're going to play a little game called "you know you're a D-BAG when..."

....you spend 7 thousand euros on a bike and don't bother to have it fit properly, never mind another thousand in apparel

...you spend 7 thousand on a bike and you only put 1 water bottle cage on the Italian masterpiece, how far are you going to ride on 24 ounces of fluid?

...you get a chance to ride with the reigning TDF champion and it's clearly just a photo opportunity

...you're totally faking looking like a real roadie with your "buddy" Carlos and are completely unaware that you've failed

Hate to blow up the man-crush but somebody had to do it.

As far as the team, let me know when they have a Protour license, actual bike sponsors, and a list of signed riders. When, and if they do, I'll actually be happy because I would really like to see Contador riding freely and aggresively on his own team against the top contenders. BTW, none of those girls pictured really "do it" for me either, I'm too much of a gentleman to explain why.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Epicycle said:
Alonso needs a better bike fit.

this is showing my ignorance (but it probably shows anyway)... but... how can everyone tell his bike fit is obviously wrong? i just want to know what to look for. any help anyone has is appreciated.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
No expert but...

His leg is hyper-extended - so seat too high? - and his arms are coming out of his sockets - maybe too much drop to the bars?

Others will know better than me ;)

'preciate it. i guess i can notice it now. maybe the frame's just altogether too big?

TRENDING THREADS