• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Lance Folks Apparently Read The Clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110212/ap_on_sp_ot/us_lance_armstrong_investigation
>
This AP piece has received a great deal of play world-wide. The article reads like a press release from Fabio. And that's pretty much what it is. Yost is not an investigative reporter. He's an AP hack who usually covers the Justice Department, recycling their press releases into news stories.

If he were a real reporter, he would have asked Fabio and Lance's reaching out attorneys whether or not Armstrong has received a target letter yet from the US Attorney's office. He might also have asked if Lance as volunteer/asked to testify before the Grand Jury.

What I found interesting in Yost's article was the comment about indictments being expected in January, then before the Superbowl and then by Valentine's Day. I don't recall seeing the latter two time points in the mainstream press. Where that was discussed, in fact a poll was set up, was here on The Clinic Forum. Do you suppose Armstrong's team is monitoring this forum and brought the musings here to Fabio's attention? :D

I loved this comment by Yost, "With Landis's credibility at issue, lawyers on all sides agree Landis is unlikely to be called as a prosecution witness if charges were brought against Armstrong." Lawyers on *all* sides? Is the AUSA on the case now discussing trial strategy and witness lists with the AP? I think not.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
This article has already been discussed in several threads and should've been included in the general Lance stories topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts