• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The last WorldTeam to win - 2016

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which WorldTeam will win last this year?

• Team Sky

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Team LottoNL - Jumbo

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • Team Katusha

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Ag2R La Mondiale

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Dimension Data

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • FDJ

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Lampre - Merida

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Lotto - Soudal

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • IAM Cycling

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Team Giant - Alpecin

Votes: 11 10.4%

• Total voters
Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Re:

classicomano said:
The fate of Giant is in the hands of Dumoulin, he needs to win on the Green Mountain.
That may not even be soon enough. Ag2r should win something in La Méditerranéenne and Ulissi will have a good shot in Laigueglia. By the way, last year on this date there were still six teams without a win.

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Bit of a silly question:
Which riders simultaneously gave their team and their country the first win? Such as Kristoff for Katusha and Norway.
You might think the very first winner of the season would be one, but no, because that was a national championship which counts for the team ranking but not for the country ranking. If only looking at WorldTour teams, this season we have:
- Andre Greipel for Lotto-Soudal and Germany
- Peter Kennaugh for Team Sky and Great Britain
- Dries Devenyns for IAM Cycling and Belgium
- Alexander Kristoff for Katusha and Norway

Edit - I forgot about:
- Caleb Ewan for Orica-GreenEDGE and Australia

I went with AG2R, too. But they have big chances in the next two days with Vuillermoz and Bakelants IMO. Also I can see Ulissi winning on Sunday at Laigueglia for Lampre although he has some competition there. So Giant has to be the favourite right now.

Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
johnymax said:
I went with AG2R, too. But they have big chances in the next two days with Vuillermoz and Bakelants IMO. Also I can see Ulissi winning on Sunday at Laigueglia for Lampre although he has some competition there. So Giant has to be the favourite right now.

You nailed the AG2R prediction.

Actually I didn't. I voted for them to be the last team to win so I was wrong. ;)

I know you are talking about Bakelants. He looks to be in very good shape and was one of the favourites in the last 2 stages. He was 1 out of 2. On the other hand Ulissi hasn't delivered. So it's Lampre vs Dumoulin in Oman next.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Ulissi should like the hilly stages in Oman, but ever since his suspesion he's a weaker rider, i think Modolo is the guy to be decisive in this battle.

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The current team ranking:
8 - Team Sky (39), Etixx - Quick Step (23)
7 - Direct Energie* (27), Orica - GreenEDGE (23)
4 - Dimension Data (31), IAM Cycling (17)
3 - Astana Pro Team (27), BMC Racing Team (26), Team Katusha (19)
2 - Fortuneo - Vital Concept* (36), Movistar Team (33), Trek - Segafredo (26), FDJ (25), Lotto - Soudal (17), Drapac Professional Cycling* (9), Southeast - Venezuela* (6)
1 - Cannondale Pro Cycling Team (20), Ag2r La Mondiale (19), Tinkoff (19), UnitedHealthCare Pro Cycling Team* (10), Team LottoNL - Jumbo (9), Nippo - Vini Fantini* (8), Caja Rural - Seguros RGA* (5)
0 - Lampre - Merida (21), ONE Pro Cycling* (14), Cofidis, Solutions Crédits* (13), Androni Giocattoli - Sidermec* (10), Bardiani - CSF* (9), Wanty - Groupe Gobert* (9), Bora - Argon 18* (8), Delko - Marseille Provence KTM* (8), CCC Sprandi - Polkowice* (6), Roompot - Oranje Peloton* (5), Team Giant - Alpecin (4), Funvic Soul Cycles - Carrefour* (3), Gazprom - RusVelo* (3), Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise* (2), Team Roth* (1), Verva - ActiveJet Pro Cycling Team* (1), Stölting Service Group* (0), Team Novo Nordisk* (0)

It's between Lampre and Giant now. Poor Giant is by far the weakest WorldTour team so far this season with only 4 top tens (all by S.K. Andersen). For comparison, LottoNL-Jumbo has 9 top tens so far and all other WorldTour teams already have 17 or more top tens.

TRENDING THREADS