• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The league of extremely juvenile gentlemen

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So I've started a new social group on CN.

I suspect the pool of members to fish from is rather small, but I believe in the cause and am willing to be the only member if needed :).

Since some people have been portraying juvenility as some kind of sickness, I think it's time to rehabilitate this trait as a quality.

Definition of juvenility: 1. "The quality or condition of being juvenile; youthfulness."

I didn't even have to make that up.

Let's not be a bunch of old grumpy people and let's embrace our inner child as long as it's still alive. Become a member here: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/group.php?groupid=13

Immature regards
boomcie

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Very immature. Loving it. Welcome.

It's just a name by the way, I knew the girls weren't going to be happy about it, but then I thought to myself: 'What would be the mature thing to do?'
Then I did the exact opposite. Simple formula.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
No thank you, I have a teenage son, I get enough of that extremely juvenile crap.

Susan

That's exactly why I started the group. Why on earth would you call it crap?

You know what's crap? You discouraging this initiative because you're old. I don't mean to be rude, but it's just so predictable.

Your son's welcome to join.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
How am I discouraging it? I have expressed my opinion of "extremely juvenile" but have done nothing to stop anyone else from joining you.

Susan

Extremely mature reaction. Equals crap.
Score settled.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
ahh come on now... its fair enough to say keep it decent(of course boomcie would have it no other way)...anyway you mischief makers need some kind of nemesis to make it fun :S

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
Another question just occurred to me

"Do you have to be old to be delinquent?" :)

And does that make juvenile delinquent one ofthose oxymoron things like "military intelligence" ?

Isn't delinquency typical to younger people?

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
It's just a person who commits a misdemeanor or a felony... it has become associated with young folk.

Yeah, I get that, but why does one have to be old to be delinquent then? That was your question right?

A

Anonymous

I'm being immature cause I'm angry cause I keep being called immature for no reason . I'm very mature.

I call it having a great personality. You call it being immature. I call you boring...

You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

My signature is very mature.

Scott SoCal said:
I'm being immature cause I'm angry cause I keep being called immature for no reason . I'm very mature.

I call it having a great personality. You call it being immature. I call you boring...

There comes a time in your life when it is quite flattering to be called immature :)

T

p.s. My signature is a bit smartypants but I like it ;)

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:

Well said Scott. You're a prime example of the point I'm trying to make here. Many people here will tell you you're immature, but you're mainly just fun(ny).

But heck, most fun(ny) things are in fact juvenile...

Proud to have you on board.

180mmCrank said:
There comes a time in your life when it is quite flattering to be called immature :)

T

p.s. My signature is a bit smartypants but I like it ;)

Seems to me like you could qualify as a member.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:

I like the signature, I once worked at a place where the previous guy told me before the interview that one of the directors likes to ask if i gave you a million dollars what would spend it on. if you want the job the answer is cars and large breasted women. I really enjoyed that job.