• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Lebron James Sweepstakes are Over, Who Wins the NBA Finals Next Year?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Its real hard to argue against the Akron Hammer, D-Wade, and Chris Bosh as next year's favorites. Do they cruise through the NBA regular season and playoffs next year?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
mikeNphilly said:
Not against a healthy Boston squad...Boston in 6 in the finals vs whoever.

ehhh idk. Mario Chalmers, Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Michael Beasley, and Chris Bosh is a scary scary scary starting 5.

There hasn't been anything like this since the Bird, Mchale, Parish, Dennis Johnson teams of the 80s.

If the "new big 3" can learn to share the ball and play cohesively I don't think anyone could stop them. Save the Thunder in 3 years.

We could potentially have the next best NBA rivalry on our hands. Imagine James, Wade, and Bosh vs. Durant, Westbrook, and Green- that rivalry has so much potential....I can't wait!!!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
nvpacchi said:
Its real hard to argue against the Akron Hammer, D-Wade, and Chris Bosh as next year's favorites. Do they cruise through the NBA regular season and playoffs next year?
I will defend US Football, Baseball, and Hockey. While I still love playing the game, I detest Pro Basketball. An hour special on just where some player is going to go?

The NBA lost it direction and soul years ago (it used to be a team sport). MTV now drive what a player aspires to, and ESPN highlights dictate how they get there.

CourtTV plays an unfortunate part.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
I will defend US Football, Baseball, and Hockey. While I still love playing the game, I detest Pro Basketball. An hour special on just where some player is going to go?

The NBA lost it direction and soul years ago (it used to be a team sport). MTV now drive what a player aspires to, and ESPN highlights dictate how they get there.

While the league is driven by star power, the NBA finals have an uncanny way of rewarding team play. Save for the Heat in 2005(or 2006?) where the refs gave Wade two shots whenever he stepped over the halfcourt line, look at all the teams that have won through cohesive team play.

Look at Tim Duncan, the classiest guy and the epitome of a team player, and now he has 4 rings to show for it. 2004 Pistons won much like the Bad Boys of the 1980s, great PG play with timely scoring and rough defense down low.

While the regular season may have become a continuous highlight reel, the playoffs still bring out the best in teams, and even the past decade has shown that it still takes team basketball to win a championship.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
James needed to get on a team that has a player who can seal the deal,ala Dwayne Wade.Le Bron is a choke.Saw him throw up plenty of bricks from the foul line in clutch situations.
Coaching that amount of talent will be a real challenge.Lots of HUGE egos there.
James is for James and no one else.All his replies to the media went something like this,"Me and my family","me and my teamates",me and my charity",gives his psysche away without even realizing it.Selfish and self absorbed.
After all,he's only a 25 year old kid,immature in a sense.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
nvpacchi said:
While the regular season may have become a continuous highlight reel, the playoffs still bring out the best in teams, and even the past decade has shown that it still takes team basketball to win a championship.
But that is just the point. Why would I watch the playoffs if I am so disgusted with the regular season?

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
benpounder said:

ESPN drove this story...and drove it...and drove it...into the ground. I don't even think hardcore nba fans wanted that much coverage. I like ice cream a lot. That doesn't mean I eat a half gallon of it every single day.

And then the ego to diss cleveland in a 1 hour special. Total lack of class and judgment. How dumb are you, Lebron. (Lebron is a french word that is roughly translated as 'The Bron')

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
ESPN drove this story...and drove it...and drove it...into the ground. I don't even think hardcore nba fans wanted that much coverage. I like ice cream a lot. That doesn't mean I eat a half gallon of it every single day.

And then the ego to diss cleveland in a 1 hour special. Total lack of class and judgment. How dumb are you, Lebron. (Lebron is a french word that is roughly translated as 'The Bron')

Dissing Cleveland is surely an understatement.

In essence he copped out. Choosing Miami may have given him the best chance to win a championship, but Miami is (and still will be) Wade's team.

A true competitor would have gone elsewhere (or stayed), demanding a team built around him instead of settling for being a super-Scottie Pippen. He may have made the best move to win a championship, but he really hurt is legacy in the process.

@BenPounder- now because of all of this, the NBA regular season will finally be interesting. I know I'll be tuning in every night just to watch the Heat fall. It will be damned hard to beat them, but it will be beautiful when they lose, especially if it happens in the playoffs.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
Bulls over either the Lakers or Thunder!

You must overrate the Bears and the Cubs too :p

I do think Chicago would have given James the best chance to possibly win a championship, without tarnishing his legacy. He gets all of the accolades of being the alpha-dog while playing with very skilled, all-star caliber role players.

Now he sharing first fiddle with Wade. Never would have had to share stardom with Rose, or Boozer, and he still would have had a great shot at a ring. Maybe not as good a shot as he has now, but good nonetheless.

TRENDING THREADS