• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The level of the avg VeloNews reader has really fallen!

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Check out the comments on this Explainer article from VeloNews that Cerberus posted:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...igators-charge-against-lance-armstrong_132057

I know we have seen some ignorant comments in online newspapers and other non-cycling magazines but from VeloNews? Back in the day when I had a had a subscription it was read primarily by racers who had some kind of clue. Public Strategies? Check out this gem:

" Good luck proving anything. Armstrong has been tested negative 378 times :). This is the official WADA number on how many times Armstrong has been tested. This is the story guys, 378 vs Floyd's stories. I really can't understand what this goofball nowitzki (or whatever his name is) is looking at.

And this:

" Really good points! I must say I've followed Lance for a year now on Twitter and have read a lot about him through the years--and one thing I could NEVER believe about Lance--that he'd EVER get a "doping" blood transfusion in front of Floyd Landis. Armstrong is intelligent. He considers everything he does and figures out all the possible consequences and then prepares to eliminate all possible errors and give himself the best chance always. It would be totally anti-Lance to so openly dope, especially in front of the someone like Landis. Also, a refrigerator in the closet?? Please?? How many closets in Spanish towns have outlets in their closets? I don't have any outlets in any of my closets. I would imagine doping control would have gotten a little suspicious if an extension cord were running out of the closet. And Landis' story about Lance asking him to watch the refrigerator holding bags of blood of Lance and George Hincapie??? It doesn't wash either! What would Floyd have done if the electricy went out? Is Floyd a secret electrician??"...

Wow....

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ah well where do they go when the wake up call arrives.

It's the power of advertising with these people, in this case the power of advertising milking the myth of a cancer survivor changing the body to become the best ever with religious overtones. maybe in 2000 years from now he will be viewed as the second coming:rolleyes:

This one is my personal favourite:

" I think the best way to clean up the sport is for the sport to clean itself up. American football is having some success. American football has been handing out serious consequences thanks to the commitment of the league. Money talks. When racers get kicked off teams and suspended by the governing body (ies) then it will get and stay cleaned up. "

hrotha said:
This one is my personal favourite:

" I think the best way to clean up the sport is for the sport to clean itself up. American football is having some success. American football has been handing out serious consequences thanks to the commitment of the league. Money talks. When racers get kicked off teams and suspended by the governing body (ies) then it will get and stay cleaned up. "

Talk about clueless.

BTW, hrotha, is that the 98 world's in your avatar? Camenzind, Armstrong, Boogerd?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I have to say I am impressed that people with diminished mental capacity are able to not just access the internet but post their ramblings.

In case people were wondering what Armstrong's contribution to cycling was we now know it, clueless lemmings who will move on to the next cool sport when Armstrong is put away.

oldschoolnik said:
And Landis' story about Lance asking him to watch the refrigerator holding bags of blood of Lance and George Hincapie??? It doesn't wash either! What would Floyd have done if the electricy went out? Is Floyd a secret electrician??"...

Wow....

hahahahaha lol that is really really funny

surely this was written by Wonder Lance and not an actual fanboy.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
hahahahaha lol that is really really funny

surely this was written by Wonder Lance and not an actual fanboy.

"Is Floyd a secret electrician"

- they gotta ask Floyd this question when he goes on 60 minutes:

"Floyd, it's been said that you are some kind of "secret electrician", credentials you would need if you were going to check a refirgerator for coldness, how do you respond to that?"

oldschoolnik said:
"Is Floyd a secret electrician"

- they gotta ask Floyd this question when he goes on 60 minutes:

"Floyd, it's been said that you are some kind of "secret electrician", credentials you would need if you were going to check a refirgerator for coldness, how do you respond to that?"
Wait... are you just speculating about 60 minutes or is this really happening?

I thought the article was well written for what its worth. As far as judging people who write in forums thats a whole different story. If there was a mental capacity test both VN and CN forums would be a lot smaller. I could name names but I will follow the lead of Dekker!

May 25, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I thought the article was well written for what its worth. As far as judging people who write in forums thats a whole different story. If there was a mental capacity test both VN and CN forums would be a lot smaller. I could name names but I will follow the lead of Dekker!

The article was well written, I was only refering to the comments. (The article seems to say, based on what we know now at this point, there aren't any indications of what direction prosecutors are going to take thsi case or any "slam dunk" avenues for prosecution.

@95RPM - Just a logical next interview I haven't read anything about 60 mins.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my mail subscription to Velosnooze 9 years ago. It just wasn't news by the time I received the publication.

The online version isn't breaking any newsworthy ground either. On occasion, a stateside pro might contribute an opinion piece, but other than that, it's no different than Pez.

But at least Pez admits to wearing its fanboy hat with pride. Velonews will never admit.

oldschoolnik said:
The article was well written, I was only refering to the comments. (The article seems to say, based on what we know now at this point, there aren't any indications of what direction prosecutors are going to take thsi case or any "slam dunk" avenues for prosecution.

@95RPM - Just a logical next interview I haven't read anything about 60 mins.

My view is that aside from any charges being filed, talking to investigators and testifying before a grand jury will break down people's willingness to keep secrets. After telling all to the feds, it is not a large step to become more open with others. It is the information that will destroy Armstrong, not prosecution.

And, yeah, the comments on Velosnooze articles are often hilariously naive.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The Casual Lance FanBoy, who will read/post on velonews.com during July, is still more cycling savvy than the Casual Lance Hater who posts on E-Online or TMZ.

Of course, neither are as smart as the Obsessive Fanboy/Haters here in the clinic. We discuss Lance year round and use "Fail" and "lolcat" graphics.

It will be interesting to see what happens when revelations of Lance cheating become mainstream media fodder.

I predict the casual haters will go into a frenzy along with the obsessive ones.

For the casual and obsessive fanboys, it will be a "meh" moment. Blow over.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
The Casual Lance FanBoy, who will read/post on velonews.com during July, is still more cycling savvy than the Casual Lance Hater who posts on E-Online or TMZ.

Of course, neither are as smart as the Obsessive Fanboy/Haters here in the clinic. We discuss Lance year round and use "Fail" and "lolcat" graphics.

It will be interesting to see what happens when revelations of Lance cheating become mainstream media fodder.

I predict the casual haters will go into a frenzy along with the obsessive ones.

Yes, it will be nothing more than confirmation of what most of us thought. I will only rub it in with a few of my LanceLoving riding buddies.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
Check out the comments on this Explainer article from VeloNews that Cerberus posted:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...igators-charge-against-lance-armstrong_132057

I know we have seen some ignorant comments in online newspapers and other non-cycling magazines but from VeloNews? Back in the day when I had a had a subscription it was read primarily by racers who had some kind of clue. Public Strategies? Check out this gem:

" Really good points! I must say I've followed Lance for a year now on Twitter and have read a lot about him through the years--and one thing I could NEVER believe about Lance--that he'd EVER get a "doping" blood transfusion in front of Floyd Landis. Armstrong is intelligent. He considers everything he does and figures out all the possible consequences and then prepares to eliminate all possible errors and give himself the best chance always. It would be totally anti-Lance to so openly dope, especially in front of the someone like Landis. Also, a refrigerator in the closet?? Please?? How many closets in Spanish towns have outlets in their closets? I don't have any outlets in any of my closets. I would imagine doping control would have gotten a little suspicious if an extension cord were running out of the closet. And Landis' story about Lance asking him to watch the refrigerator holding bags of blood of Lance and George Hincapie??? It doesn't wash either! What would Floyd have done if the electricy went out? Is Floyd a secret electrician??"...

Wow....

This guy has spent alot of time in the closet, for sure. How do you reason with that personality?

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
What's really bizarre about a lot of the comments on these articles is that they read as if the person doesn't believe Landis's comments about his own doping. I guess because if you believe that Floyd did transfusions and epo, it makes it that much more difficult to believe he was the only one. You would have to believe that Floyd hid his doping from Bruyneel, as well as the team leader.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
This guy has spent alot of time in the closet, for sure. How do you reason with that personality?

The more I read this one (with the closet references) the more I think this is written Tongue and cheek. Damn, do I owe this person an apology?

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
The more I read this one (with the closet references) the more I think this is written Tongue and cheek. Damn, do I owe this person an apology?

At some point, farce and fanaticism become indistinguishable. We may have just come full circle, that's all.

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:

Casual haters? Let me know where to find them. I am quite sure The Clinic is not the place.

Casual fanboys? Again, let me know where to find them...don't seem to be any here in the clinic.

The Forum name should be changed from "the Clinic" to "LA Doped..you are either with us or against us"...or "LA is a living God who cures cancer...you are either with us or against us".

This forum needs more people in the middle. Sincerely, Newbie Troll July 2010

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
whocares said:
Casual haters? Let me know where to find them. I am quite sure The Clinic is not the place.

Casual fanboys? Again, let me know where to find them...don't seem to be any here in the clinic.

The Forum name should be changed from "the Clinic" to "LA Doped..you are either with us or against us"...or "LA is a living God who cures cancer...you are either with us or against us".

This forum needs more people in the middle. Sincerely, Newbie Troll July 2010

I meant casual followers of cycling who are "fanboys"....july only etc.
And casual followers of cycling who are "haters"...e-online readers etc

Here are a few "haters" from e-online - not the kind of haters found in the Clinic:

granny Mon, May 31, 2010, 7:40 PM
"Can't trust any man that would wear those plum smuggling pants."

Freddio Sat, May 29, 2010, 6:08 AM
"Who cares? It's a sport consisting of a bunch of shaved monkeys riding bicycles."

Miranda Sun, May 30, 2010, 6:27 AM
"He is one of the ugliest men I have ever seen. Bleeeeeech!"

Hula Dancer. Sun, May 30, 2010, 5:20 AM
"This guy gives you the creeps. He is Ghastly.!"

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b18...g_be_investigated.html#comments#ixzz0vDw82icJ

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:

" Good luck proving anything. Armstrong has been tested negative 378 times :). This is the official WADA number on how many times Armstrong has been tested. This is the story guys, 378 vs Floyd's stories. I really can't understand what this goofball nowitzki (or whatever his name is) is looking at.

And this:

Wow....

I could wire a closet. He has a good point though, how much would I trust Floyd with transfussion bags. Not at all. Never, nunca. Armstrong is no dummy.

TRENDING THREADS