• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The major wins of Nibali, Valverde and Gilbert

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@Blanco

Maybe in the past. But in my opinion not anymore. Especially the Olympic ITT title. One having one or two real shots in the whole career. And cyclist in general taking it seriously these days. All in all if such title was not all that important in the past. And as you say was considered a level below. This changed. These days you can't go past Olympic or WC ITT title and dismiss it as being a level below. It's hard to win such title and when you do you should and will get the praise.

@Blanco

Maybe in the past. But in my opinion not anymore. Especially the Olympic ITT title. One having one or two real shots in the whole career. And cyclist in general taking it seriously these days. All in all if such title was not all that important in the past. And as you say was considered a level below. This changed. These days you can't go past Olympic or WC ITT title and dismiss it as being a level below. It's hard to win such title and when you do you should and will get the praise.
Difficulty winning does not equal prestige.

@Blanco

Wout Van Aert easily passed the chance to probably win Worlds TT in favor to being one of the contenders for Road Race.
That's level below...

I am seeing gilbert's documentary on eurosport. How I miss the best classicomano cycling has ever seen since the specialization era. Pure power, great tactical sense, pure panache on and off the bike, this man had everything. What a shame he didn't win a san remo.

TRENDING THREADS