• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The McQuaids worried about people being unprofessional

In a supreme act of irony, Paul McQuaid warns the interwebs about unprofessional chiselers in cycling. I think he is worried that Jeff Burnard is giving a bad name to the professional chiselers.

"Hi guys. Just a quick warning to anyone considering doing business with Jeff Burnard and/or Mrazek bikes. About two years ago I posted a message letting people know that I had sent Jeff Burnard 10,000 dollars for some Mrazek frames, (I still have the document from my bank proving that). Since then I have only received ONE FRAME and after countless emails to Jeff, still no refund. (I eventually asked for a refund because I was so unbelievably annoyed at how they do 'business'). Just be careful. The Mrazek website talks about all sorts of stuff, about how great they are, their 'passion' for their frames blah blah blah. They are extremely, extremely unprofessional.

All I am saying is, if you are thinking about doing business with these people, be careful."

http://forums.competitor.com/topic/17328

He also weighs in on how reasonable it is for his brother to sue Kimmage.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Agh, come on! Who in there right mind would buy one of these, the real joke is he bought more than one... lets move on.

BOHRD07.jpg

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ElChingon said:
PHOTOGRAPH

When I started reading this thread I was wondering what the doping connection was for this to be in The Clinic.

However, having seen this photograph it's plainly obvious. Anyone who buys this is on drugs.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
When I started reading this thread I was wondering what the doping connection was for this to be in The Clinic.

However, having seen this photograph it's plainly obvious. Anyone who buys this is on drugs.

I'd be sending a WADA squad out to the designer and framebuilder as well.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
peterst6906 said:

Ironic that Paul wants to buy bikes (to rent out, I am guessing?) that would not pass the UCI regs for bicycle frame design.

Dear Wiggo said:
Ironic that Paul wants to buy bikes (to rent out, I am guessing?) that would not pass the UCI regs for bicycle frame design.

He'd been told by people close to the source, that you can cheat ever so obviously, and no-one will notice, raise a brow let alone say a word. Note how long ago he made the down payment. Paul is just royally p'd because someone as lowly as a frame builder out-mobbed the MobQuaids.
On the other side of the deal, customers of Mrazek just got some added karma value to their purchases. Lead times are about to double once more :)

On a more serious note, you need to be pretty high to give a ti builder so much money in advance. They're artists, or think they are. They live off their deposits, and build frames as inspiration and cash flow allows. Ask them when you may expect delivery, and they totally freak out...usually abroad or in another state.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
In a supreme act of irony, Paul McQuaid warns the interwebs about unprofessional chiselers in cycling. I think he is worried that Jeff Burnard is giving a bad name to the professional chiselers.

"Hi guys. Just a quick warning to anyone considering doing business with Jeff Burnard and/or Mrazek bikes. About two years ago I posted a message letting people know that I had sent Jeff Burnard 10,000 dollars for some Mrazek frames, (I still have the document from my bank proving that). Since then I have only received ONE FRAME and after countless emails to Jeff, still no refund. (I eventually asked for a refund because I was so unbelievably annoyed at how they do 'business'). Just be careful. The Mrazek website talks about all sorts of stuff, about how great they are, their 'passion' for their frames blah blah blah. They are extremely, extremely unprofessional.

All I am saying is, if you are thinking about doing business with these people, be careful."

http://forums.competitor.com/topic/17328

He also weighs in on how reasonable it is for his brother to sue Kimmage.

Paul has visited a couple of forums over the years telling his story - but like the donations the UCI received there are changes to the story - as well as using his brothers position as a form of leverage.

Muntainbike forum - 07/21/2009
Just to let you guys know. 2 years ago I ordered 10 frames from Jeff Burnard at Mrazek. I own a bike hire company here in Ireland and have a stock of 200 bikes. I fancied the Mrazek frames so sent an order off. With 10,000 dollars. Since then I have only recieved ONE frame, and have been chasing Burnard for months trying to see what is going on. The way they have handled this order has been nothing short of appaling. BE CAREFUL dealing with this company

From Cyclingforums 11/16/2009
Well, let me tell you a horrifying story re. Mrazek. I own a bike hire service in Dublin, Ireland, (we have over 200 bikes in our fleet). A little over 2 years ago I made contact with Mrazek regarding purchasing 15 tandems from them. A few weeks later I wired 10,000 dollars to Jeff Burnard, (the owner of the company). To date, and this is over two years later I have only recieved one frame. I was assured last year that I would get a full refund. Not a penny has been wired back to me. They don't reply to my emails, they don't answer their phones. Basically the way they have handled this situation is nothing short of disgraceful. I am in the process of getting a solicitor to write to them because I have given up.

All I say is, beware.

Sincerely,

Paul McQuaid
Brother of the President of the U.C.I., (unfortunately for the Mrazeks as I intend to let the cycling world know all about this situation).

In his recent Velonews post he states - "Since then I have only received ONE FRAME and after countless emails to Jeff, still no refund." - yet in 2009 McQuaid wrote.

11/10/2009
Frames still haven't arrived. But we're 'past that now'. A few months back Jeff told me I would get a full refund. 'been hounding him since. Getting a lot of ******** replies. Came home today to a letter from my bank. ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS from Jeff Randall Burnard, I'm not happy.

And the someone posting as Jeff Mrazek posted a follow up in 07/02/2012:
Thought I'd post an update to this thread as we are now back in motion. Things got very tough for us two weeks after Paul put in his order with a major medical emergency in Czech that shut us down for a year. It took quite awhile to get going again and the Mrazek family's first focus was on their domestic production which is primarily of tandems, tricycles, and recumbents for disabled cyclists. As of the fall of 2011 our normal supply of frames has become available for international riders again. Paul has received over $8000 back from his order which had to be canceled as well as a BOH F2 tandem frame. We told him the frame was a gift as an apology for the troubles and intend to get him one final payment as soon as possible. We never could have imagined the circumstances we've faced but believe our integrity and perseverance are helping us recover. Sincere thanks to everyone who has lent a hand. - Jeff

One or other sides story does not match.

TRENDING THREADS