• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The most alien jumps ever

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Re:

james2475 said:
The Froome 2013 attack overlaid with power and HR data screams motorized to me. Just unnatural looking and the data supports it.

Maybe i am dead wrong, but since The SRM measures the force coming from the legs of a rider with strain gauges mounted inside the spider of the crank set would not any power from the motor not register on the SRM data? If this is correct then it would be more suspicious if the power is low, which it doesn't seem to be.

Re: Re:

jens_attacks said:
ScienceIsCool said:
jens_attacks said:
ebandit said:
.....aye! 3 riders to trust.............................good post jens...

Mark L

That was my point. Biologics still reign supreme, mechanical is shiit.

There have always been phenomenal riders, therefore nobody uses a motor. Even though you've seen it with your own eyes (Femke). Got it. I don't think it's rational, but hey. Knock yourself out.

John Swanson

i already said that i believe someone might have used it. even in the bigger races.
but it would be a desperate rider who would never reach the same results ever again after 2010.
so you are saying peter velits used it?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

dwyatt said:
james2475 said:
The Froome 2013 attack overlaid with power and HR data screams motorized to me. Just unnatural looking and the data supports it.

Maybe i am dead wrong, but since The SRM measures the force coming from the legs of a rider with strain gauges mounted inside the spider of the crank set would not any power from the motor not register on the SRM data? If this is correct then it would be more suspicious if the power is low, which it doesn't seem to be.
Froome's heart rate doesn't go up when he accellerates from 350-ish watt to 650-ish watt.
Kerrison: Our training is much more than just doing intervals at a constant pace for a set amount of time; [some of it] is about being able to handle changes of pace – to go from, say, 350 watts to 650 watts for a few seconds to attack and get a gap on a rider who is trying to follow, then come back down to 350 watts."
"As a general rule attacks to drop someone like Contador aren't sustainable because the rider has to attack at such intensity to drop the guy. " http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jul/15/team-sky-chris-froome-tour-de-france
is that possible without heart rate going up? i doubt it. unless you have a motor.
if you add the fact that Froome remained seated, something not even Kerrison could plausibly explain, Froome Ventoux 2013 is a nobrainer.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site

sniper said:
dwyatt said:
james2475 said:

lol, you think if sky use motors it would show on the SRM data?

james2475 is right, the data support it. Froome's heart rate doesn't go up when he accellerates from 350-ish watt to 650-ish watt.

Kerrison: Our training is much more than just doing intervals at a constant pace for a set amount of time; [some of it] is about being able to handle changes of pace – to go from, say, 350 watts to 650 watts for a few seconds to attack and get a gap on a rider who is trying to follow, then come back down to 350 watts."
"As a general rule attacks to drop someone like Contador aren't sustainable because the rider has to attack at such intensity to drop the guy. "
not possible without heart rate going up.
unless you have a motor.
if you add the fact that Froome remained seated, something Kerrison could not plausibly explain, Froome Ventoux 2013 is a nobrainer.

That's the oppsosite of what i said? I said the power from the motor would not show up, and thus if he was going away from contador but only showing 400 watts, becuase 200 watts was coming from the motor, that would be suspicious. However when he goes away, his power is shown as very high, so that must be power he is actually putting in at the cranks.

I totally agree his heart rate looks as suspicious anything, it barely moves on any of his attacks.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
ah, apologies, seems i misunderstood.
ok, thanks for clarifying!
edit: i think he attacked only once on the ventoux(?)
the rest was just pacing.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
ah, apologies, seems i misunderstood.
so what's your take on the heart rate not going up despite going from ca. 350 to 650 watt?

I think its 100% totally suscious and not like anything i've seen from any other human, but i'm not sure it can be explained by motors either, unless they work differently to how i would expect in relation to srm cranks.

What we really need is the data from that climb from contador and quintana

red_flanders said:
sniper said:
TourOfTexas said:
I can't find it, but it was in Roubaix, Cancellara catching a guy in a breakaway who tries to hold his wheel. Canc goes through a couple of corners and accelerates away from the guy while sitting in the saddle. The guy sits up and throws his hands up like "wtf am I supposed to do?".
that was leukemans in 2010.

ca. 6:00 into the next link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xjsPqHg3o

the hand gesture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTKWh1bLd-k

He's gesticulating about the motorcycle which is pacing Cancellara.

correct.

Leukemans had a flat front tyre and felt he couldn't hold the wheel of Cancellara because of that and because of the motorcycle just in front of Cancellara. So Leukemans was a bit frustrated, waving at the motorcycle and then realizing he got a flat. While he told journalists he would be able to follow Cancellara's wheel on that last stretch of Mons-en-Pevele, he admitted he wasn't sure he would be able to hold his wheel until the finish.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
thehog said:
StryderHells said:
thehog said:
So we now have Landa covering no less than 15 attacks all on his own and attacking himself, on the drops!... we may have a new winner;

http://cyclinghub.tv/post.php?id=152

:rolleyes:
In reality his Alien jump was in last years Giro when he was dragging Aru to 2nd place

Brailsford said it wouldn't happen again but you know... drugs and motors! :rolleyes:

Could it be just plain old evolution as foretold by "Sir" Charles Brailsford

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think wind tunnel training is worth that much, but if Sky also talk him into ditching the sand shoes and lowering the handle bars.. then who knows

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

zlev11 said:
Astana vs. Landa at the Giro is going to bring new meaning to "alien"

I cannot wait to watch David Walsh throw shade on Astana while Landa has the same performance level or better and was a former member of Astana. The black hole of hypocrisy might suck up whatever is left of that clown's reputation as a journalist.

May 14, 2010
Visit site

DamianoMachiavelli said:
zlev11 said:

I cannot wait to watch David Walsh throw shade on Astana while Landa has the same performance level or better and was a former member of Astana. The black hole of hypocrisy might suck up whatever is left of that clown's reputation as a journalist.

I doubt he has any left.

Maxiton said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:
zlev11 said:

I doubt he has any left.

This will keep you going;

2e1umtw.png

I dont really think this was the point of the thread.

I have read through some of the comments and I think sniper has made it clear that what he was looking for was those Cancellara and Froome-type attacks, seating, on a steep gradient, seemingly easily riding away. The point is not they were doping, but something far more sinister (I dont have any problem with doping really, but mechanical help is despicable). Landa closing all the attack on a 8% steep gradient to some good, but not great climbers such as Fuglsang, Bardet and Pozzovivo barely is comparable to Cancellara dropping Boonen like a stone, seated, on 20%, easily, and opening a gap at 250 metres at least over the top, just like that, 20 seconds or so. Just listen to the commentators. They are amazed, stunned and in disbelief - the kind of feeling 'what the hell was that - is he just that much better, or..' That obviously also was what sparked the debate and given the rumours and the documentary, it seems more likely that it indeed WAS a motor. At least compared to 2010 when you probably had been ridiculed, now its not that much of a far-fetched thought.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:

I have read through some of the comments and I think sniper has made it clear that what he was looking for was those Cancellara and Froome-type attacks, seating, on a steep gradient, seemingly easily riding away. The point is not they were doping, but something far more sinister (I dont have any problem with doping really, but mechanical help is despicable). Landa closing all the attack on a 8% steep gradient to some good, but not great climbers such as Fuglsang, Bardet and Pozzovivo barely is comparable to Cancellara dropping Boonen like a stone, seated, on 20%, easily, and opening a gap at 250 metres at least over the top, just like that, 20 seconds or so. Just listen to the commentators. They are amazed, stunned and in disbelief - the kind of feeling 'what the hell was that - is he just that much better, or..' That obviously also was what sparked the debate and given the rumours and the documentary, it seems more likely that it indeed WAS a motor. At least compared to 2010 when you probably had been ridiculed, now its not that much of a far-fetched thought.
Good point, but Tom was very clear on this matter last wednesday on Extra Time Koers: no proof, shut up about it.

Given this, it IS interesting who is going to have less results in the near future now UCI are really interested in moto dopings...

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Valv.Piti said:

Good point, but Tom was very clear on this matter last wednesday on Extra Time Koers: no proof, shut up about it.

Given this, it IS interesting who is going to have less results in the near future now UCI are really interested in moto dopings...

So who says they are really interested?

TRENDING THREADS