• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The MPCC, Pellizotti, Astana and Androni

OK Franco Pellizotti will be signing for Astana, which is against MPCC rules of which they are a member, so Astana will have to leave apparently, so far all makes sense, until I visit the MPCC website and find that Pellizotti's current employers are also members of the MPCC.

Very Confusing, I guess Pellizotti must have been of Androni prior to them joining the MPCC

del1962 said:
OK Franco Pellizotti will be signing for Astana, which is against MPCC of which they are a member, so Astana will have to leave apparently, so far all makes sense, until I visit the MPCC website and find that Pellizotti's current employers are also members of the MPCC.

Very Confusing, I guess Pellizotti must have been of Androni prior to them joining the MPCC

No it's not.

EDIT: This is confusing. According to an article on CN, it's not a problem to sign him, but to let him race...

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So, why are the Three American Garmin Musketeers allowed to race after their six months doping 'suspensions'? Or Dekker? These MPCC rules go against European labour laws.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, why are the Three American Garmin Musketeers allowed to race after their six months doping 'suspensions' Or Dekker? These MPCC rules go against European labour laws.

The rule.

Can't hire, until two years, a rider tested positive and suspended more than six months (except whereabouts)

How does Dekker get hired then?

So, why are the Three American Garmin Musketeers allowed to race after their six months doping 'suspensions'? Or Dekker? These MPCC rules go against European labour laws.
Pro sports typically have regulations that don't comply with labour laws anywhere. Remember the Bosman ruling?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
The rule.

How does Dekker get hired then?
Ah, the rule got instated after the Musketeers and Dekker and Klier signed for the clean fellas. That sums it up.
hrotha said:
Pro sports typically have regulations that don't comply with labour laws anywhere. Remember the Bosman ruling?
Of course I remember Jean Marc Bosman, doesnt that prove my point? ''Free movement of goods and services''. I dont think the MPCC rules comply with that?

Of course I remember Jean Marc Bosman, doesnt that prove my point? ''Free movement of goods and services''.
No, because the Bosman ruling only applied to EU citizens. And anyway it goes to show the rules were completely different before it, just as they still are in other ways.

Ah, the rule got instated after the Musketeers and Dekker and Klier signed for the clean fellas. That sums it up.Of course I remember Jean Marc Bosman, doesnt that prove my point? ''Free movement of goods and services''. I dont think the MPCC rules comply with that?

Aren't the rules a voluntary set of rules?

TRENDING THREADS