• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The "MVP" Mathieu Van der Poel Road Discussion Thread

Page 175 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jesus, the girls deserved a few slaps from their father instead of him trying to capitalize on it. This is the worst exemple of parents I have seen in a while. Great lesson for the kids, they will become insufferable brats. And I am not even a fan of MVDP.
If this is the worst example of parenting you’ve seen in a while then that’s concerning, the girls were knocking on doors which might be annoying but it’s not like they were smoking meth and breaking into houses, more likely than not the girls will grow out of this behaviour.

If this is the worst example of parenting you’ve seen in a while then that’s concerning, the girls were knocking on doors which might be annoying but it’s not like they were smoking meth and breaking into houses, more likely than not the girls will grow out of this behaviour.

Im talking about parents behaviour, not about the kids. I would completely understand the kids having some fun (even though this borders with harassment). But the parents with their reaction completely gave up on raising their kids to be a good person. Kids done some bad thing and the lesson they learned is that they dont have to face any consequences, they might even get compensation when they complain loud enough about the reaction of their victim and they might also get some media time. If this is ok by you, then thats concerning for me.

Im talking about parents behaviour, not about the kids. I would completely understand the kids having some fun (even though this borders with harassment). But the parents with their reaction completely gave up on raising their kids to be a good person. Kids done some bad thing and the lesson they learned is that they dont have to face any consequences, they might even get compensation when they complain loud enough about the reaction of their victim and they might also get some media time. If this is ok by you, then thats concerning for me.
Yeah, finding it not the worse example of parenting and being ok with this parenting is exactly the same.

At 14, they behave like an 8-year-old. That's as bad as if they had done these...
These kids today though.

Back in the days, I was livin' swell, see. I was ridin' bikes, rollerskatin' & playin' skelzies. But nowadays *** is different. Little kids be riffin', the motherfuckers won't listen. Instead of shootin' tops, they shoot glocks! They point 'em at cops and that's the way they get props.

Yo, they do what they wanna. *** a 9-to-5! They makin' G's on the corner. Material things is what they wanna scoop. They can't get *** like that workin' for no summer youth.

C'mon! They got *** under control like the mayor.

Last edited:
MVDP please do some kind of race and kill off the garbage going on in this thread
CX has started you know.
Saunaking you see the news today? So how you gonna tell these little kids that school's the way? Yo, it ain't about IQ. Some of these kids are makin' more than doctors and didn't finish high school. Teenagers are caught up in the system. And God forbid if you front on 'em or try to diss 'em. They got everythin', from Nines to shotguns. And they'll put two in your chest and lounge till the cops come.

These kids today though.

Back in the days, I was livin' swell, see. I was ridin' bikes, rollerskatin' & playin' skelzies. But nowadays *** is different. Little kids be riffin', the motherfuckers won't listen. Instead of shootin' tops, they shoot glocks! They point 'em at cops and that's the way they get props.

Yo, they do what they wanna. * a 9-to-5! They makin' G's on the corner. Material things is what they wanna scoop. They can't get * like that workin' for no summer youth.

C'mon! They got *** under control like the mayor.

Why did I read that as if you were rapping?

Idk just concerned about the children

Cause it's just that in this time and day, kids get paid in all kinds of ways. And get more respect than *** that's three times they age. I know a child that's runnin' wild! That say *** playin' tag, he's tryin' to get a hunnid thou'. So it's hard to find a stable child. Kids are watchin' violent movies, or either got cable now. And they catch on so quick. Bout time they hit 16, they be on some Nino Brown, G.I. Joe ***.

When school is out, they just wanna lamp. The last thing on they mind is motherfuckin' summer camp. And 80 out of a 100 all they wanna do is clock dough, scoop bitches and get blunted. Kids is strapped, they be packin' ***. I seen shorties get iller than villains in some action flick. They say times is rough, jack. And when ya tell 'em cool out, yo, they quick to say "Man, *** that!"

Last edited:
Maybe, but the way things are trending it's just as likely they grow into the behavior you describe in your post. If you think young teenage girls wandering hotel hallways late at night harassing guests is "normal" behavior, then I hope you don't have teenage daughters.

Reactions: rehy90 and joe_papp
Sep 9, 2019
Visit site
Maybe, but the way things are trending it's just as likely they grow into the behavior you describe in your post. If you think young teenage girls wandering hotel hallways late at night harassing guests is "normal" behavior, then I hope you don't have teenage daughters.

Regardless of their childish behaviour if you think it’s appropriate for a grown man to storm in to their hotel room and assault them, then I truly truly hope you don’t have teenage daughters that need you to back them up one day.

Chances are a lot of fathers wouldn’t have called the cops, they would have been kicking his door in themselves.

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
The media is still trying to make a story out of it

"Detail that could have stopped Dutch star from assaulting girls and losing world championship"

It really only still lives in Australia. Rest of the world stopped caring a couple of days after the race. They can have their story, it's not like MVDP is going back anytime soon.

His team confirmed this. I don't understand how he's competing when he hasn't done any of the qualifying races. Or at least I don't think he has.

Maybe he's kinda forced idk...there's not much room in top 5 ranking, say, to be a Mathieu in a place of Wout.

From all these top of the top athletes he seems to be the one most between a rock and a hard place kinda mentally, because these some mishaps. Others kinda take note from the mistakes they make, go home, do the homework, come back relaxed and can make results. Of course he can too, but he is kinda raging bull about to let loose, and kinda tense beforehand, no?

TRENDING THREADS