• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The official Magnus Sheffield is not from Sheffield Thread

This young talent just won Brabanste Pijl today and has other notable career results like a stage win at Ruta del Sol and 3rd at Yorkshire Junior Worlds. Heres to a successful career that kicked off today.
sWEGBG4eUiYfW9RmfkgKvT-768-80.jpg

Last edited:
I kept an eye on him since his very good ride in Harrogate supporting Simmons. Didn't think he would be such a force in his first WT year but Ineos obviously knows better. They have a very interesting group of riders for the Classics in the next years.
Yep. I knew he was one to keep an eye on in Harrogate, but he was simply the the most impressive rider in that race. Since then i kind of expected him early. Today he was again impressive.

Showed some good climbing legs in the final stage of Ruta de Sol, although he seemed to pace the climb quite poorly (absolutely flew in the back half) so I guess that will come with experience. He's privated the power on the ride now, but February last year, he did a power test and did 454w for 28:43 (6.26 w/kg going off his strava weight). If he gets the opportunity he could do well in the Tour de L'avenir GC, even though he's a big built guy he's just got ridiculous raw power to compensate.

A guy with a big engine who pushes big numbers. That's what i know. Iirc he also has done some track in the past.
Wow, I didn't realize he was 1.83. I thought he was much shorter than that, but I guess it was just him riding next to Turner that made me think that. He seems build for the hardmen's classics then. Ineos really has some classics team for the future.

Wow, I didn't realize he was 1.83. I thought he was much shorter than that, but I guess it was just him riding next to Turner that made me think that. He seems build for the hardmen's classics then. Ineos really has some classics team for the future.
Hopefully they will use them for the classics as well instead of trying to turn them into GC domestique drones.

TRENDING THREADS