• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The official Magnus Sheffield is not from Sheffield Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just read a report from the race doctor about the crash. According to him, Sheffield was shivering all over.
From cold, because he'd ended up in the water as well? Or from shock?
Almost certainly from the shock and trauma with your blood getting predominantly shunted to your vital organs on top of that. When I got hit by the car, I was cold for like 3-4 hours and no amount of warm blankets would help.

Last edited:
A few days ago, he posted a blog about the crash...

Nice link . I've quoted some bits about this year's program

After racing in Portugal this year, the plan is to head to Strade Bianche, Tirreno-Adriatico and then onto the Classics. This year is special with the Olympic Games in Paris where I’m very motivated to focus on the Individual time trial and Road Race. Another big goal for me is to ride my first Grand Tour, which we’ve planned to be the Giro d’Italia.
...........’.
Flanders is one of the hardest races on the calendar and to finish on the podium there is monumental to anyone's career. It is an incredibly dynamic race that I dream about winning in my career.

The Tour de France is still the highlight of what I want to achieve in my career. I believe the Giro will be a good stepping stone to seeing how I perform over twenty one stages.