The Rasmussen article

Jul 29, 2010
431
0
0
W/o even having read the article, I have to say I feel no compassion for Mr. Rasmussen. Supposedly he was even doping back in his mountain bike days, trying to send mtb shoes full of EPO around the world w/ unsuspecting couriers who thought they were his friends. If this guy never makes it back to the top, I'd say good riddance.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
NashbarShorts said:
W/o even having read the article, I have to say I feel no compassion for Mr. Rasmussen. Supposedly he was even doping back in his mountain bike days, trying to send mtb shoes full of EPO around the world w/ unsuspecting couriers who thought they were his friends. If this guy never makes it back to the top, I'd say good riddance.
Luckily Micheal is absorbed in the wonderful world of ballroom dancing.

I would like him to come back to watch his TT skills, funnier than jack-*** sports.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
The 2007 Tour showed that, if juiced properly, Rasmussen could be as strong as AC, if not stronger.
My question is: how come so many (including AC, if we not consider his accidental CLEN positive, as well as the Schlecks and so on) are getting away with juicing (again, I'm not considering AC's CLEN positive here), whereas Rasmussen was caught?
Was it perhaps that Rabobank did not have a team-program so that Rasmussen had to go through complicated traveling-schemes in order to get his juice, whereas AC and the Schleckies are being served juice for breakfast in bed?

We know Rasmussen juiced throughout his career, but suddenly, in 2007, he's a real contender for the title: do we know what juice he was on in that year that turned him into a potential winner of the tour?
 
rzombie1988 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasmussen-not-surprised-at-contador-suspension
Why is acceptable that because the board does not like/trust Michael that it's okay to not cooperate with him? That sounds so wrong and sounds like the biggest abuse of power ever. I really cannot believe that the president would say the things he said to the media. It makes not only the DCU president look bad but cycling in general look bad as well.
Not trusting someone is pretty much the most valid reason not to cooperate with them. Rasmussen is a shady character even by pro cycling standards.
 
Dec 30, 2010
391
0
0
Here comes the juice ........

Juicy JPMorgan ........ from the Gong Show .....lol .
These threads are pretty juicy ....eh . :D
 
Jan 27, 2011
3,399
0
0
sniper said:
We know Rasmussen juiced throughout his career, but suddenly, in 2007, he's a real contender for the title: do we know what juice he was on in that year that turned him into a potential winner of the tour?
Normally Rasmussen always went for KoM points and he broke away to Tignes like he usually did or Mountain points. Yet he got such a lead that never was taken back the normal GC contenders, that he finished infront of them for 3 minutes and taking yellow. So he switched his focus from KoH to the GC.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Havetts said:
Normally Rasmussen always went for KoM points and he broke away to Tignes like he usually did or Mountain points. Yet he got such a lead that never was taken back the normal GC contenders, that he finished infront of them for 3 minutes and taking yellow. So he switched his focus from KoH to the GC.
ok, but the way he resisted AC in the mountains...
I don't think Rasmussen was ever that strong before. I assume therefore that he was juicing with some special sauce in 2007, that he hadn't had access to before.
 
Jun 25, 2009
3,233
0
0
sniper said:
ok, but the way he resisted AC in the mountains...
I don't think Rasmussen was ever that strong before. I assume therefore that he was juicing with some special sauce in 2007, that he hadn't had access to before.
He did a really good tt earlier in the race too. I think that he did have the best of conditions but even so, finishing 11th (10th as vinokourov tested positive) seemed a bit too good.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2007//tour07/?id=results/tour0713
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY