• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm actually surprised Berrettini had his chances in the third set and was probably playing better than Nadal in the 4th until Nadal broke him. His backhand still needs a lot of work but ultimately it was his forehand that let him down in the key points.
Nadal played some great tennis in the first 2 sets, though his level decreased as the match went on (as in the previous match against Shapo).

I'm actually surprised Berrettini had his chances in the third set and was probably playing better than Nadal in the 4th until Nadal broke him. His backhand still needs a lot of work but ultimately it was his forehand that let him down in the key points.
Nadal played some great tennis in the first 2 sets, though his level decreased as the match went on (as in the previous match against Shapo).
If the backhand still needs that much work at this point in his career it's not gonna get fixed, especially when it's just a technical issue.

Reactions: SafeBet
I still don't get why they don't allow coaching in tennis. Players keep talking to their staff anyway and it's pretty clear the referee can't spend the entire game checking what they're talking about (in different languages).
If no coaching is the rule then they should prevent any of the player's staff to be in the arena during the match. I'm pretty sure the TVs will find something else to show between points.