• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I see the match schedule has become a topic. Less so among the players than the fan camps.
Players understand well the way business works, but fans aren't aware of what made them fans.

Seems the younger players have a reason to look forward to the time ahead after last evening's duel.
The two aren't the two from 5+ hours epos anymore.

At a certain angle and with some very special lighting Nadal looks a bit like Tom Cruise...

I'm actually gonna miss the guy and all his twitches and adjustments and the hair he should have done something with a long time ago... fear not though, Nadal's era also is slowly coming to a close. (Well, maybe.)

Reactions: jmdirt
I don't hate Nadal. I used to love him but I guess I'm now indifferent to him.

What changed?

It's just a bit sad to enter the forum after him having just won as many RG titles as what the GS record was before Federer, and then all there is is just some sarcastic quip about inflation (what does that even mean here, it's not like the other players just decided to hand him the trophy?).

Reactions: gunara and SHAD0W93
What changed?

It's just a bit sad to enter the forum after him having just won as many RG titles as what the GS record was before Federer, and then all there is is just some sarcastic quip about inflation (what does that even mean here, it's not like the other players just decided to hand him the trophy?).
I can understand his indifference and see it in a way that he has built majority of his GS success in one event that he dominates and has been dominating for a very long time. So how people got irritated with Valverde in FW and LBL, Cav/Kittel in sprints, Froome, heck Brady in the NFL. Of people just getting so tired of the success they can’t want for them to finally lose yet they keep winning, no matter the age. At his age it’s a huge achievement in my opinion that he can still be dominant despite his age and injuries. Surface wise, the slower nature of the matches only helps him more with the age on top of his already domination.

I can understand his indifference and see it in a way that he has built majority of his GS success in one event that he dominates and has been dominating for a very long time. So how people got irritated with Valverde in FW and LBL, Cav/Kittel in sprints, Froome, heck Brady in the NFL. Of people just getting so tired of the success they can’t want for them to finally lose yet they keep winning, no matter the age. At his age it’s a huge achievement in my opinion that he can still be dominant despite his age and injuries. Surface wise, the slower nature of the matches only helps him more with the age on top of his already domination.

True, if that is the reason, I get it too. But that doesn't seem to be the whole reason. But oh well, is there really any tennis player RR has much respect for? They're all rather poor if his words are to be believed.

Apparently, he played the entire tournament with a numb foot. As in completely numb. They had to inject it with local anaesthetics before every game so he couldn't feel it during the matches at all. Which really enhanced the risk of injury and it's not something he will repeat in another tournament, so they have to try to find a different solution if he is to continue his career.

True, if that is the reason, I get it too. But that doesn't seem to be the whole reason. But oh well, is there really any tennis player RR has much respect for? They're all rather poor if his words are to be believed.

Apparently, he played the entire tournament with a numb foot. As in completely numb. They had to inject it with local anaesthetics before every game so he couldn't feel it during the matches at all. Which really enhanced the risk of injury and it's not something he will repeat in another tournament, so they have to try to find a different solution if he is to continue his career.
Yes, Andy Murray.

Yeah I saw that too and that’s even crazier he played as well a he did with his base being compromised. I hope he continues as it’s a treat watching him and Federer play but it’s getting closer to their curtain call. Leaving Novak to do as he pleases.

I respect Nadals ability. I'm just not as much of a fan as I used to.

But feel free to think I think all tennis players suck.

I respect Nadals ability. I'm just not as much of a fan as I used to.

But feel free to think I think all tennis players suck.

You probably don't but apart from Alcaraz, I don't think I have seen you praise any tennis players. They always choke or play bad or whatever. But you know the game better than me, so what do I know? Sometimes I just wonder what a player should do to not be mocked.