• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
68956601_2611040448948330_7185959982515355648_o.jpg

Hahaha, training in his EC jersey. He's a bit vain and narcissistic, but i think that's part of what makes him so good.

...um...it was a photo op specifically set up by quick step to show off the kit design.

declaring that he is training in the kit so that you can criticize him for being vain seems far-fetched beyond belief (maybe a little projection?).

evenepoel so far is showing every sign of being the greatest cyclist since hinault. time will tell.

he also appears to be at least trying to remain with his head on his shoulders despite the attention and despite people like you desperately wanting to find something wrong in his manner.

of course, whether he remains humble, only time will tell. but as he continues to be unbelievably successful, the haters will no doubt crawl out of the woodwork, that's for sure.

...um...it was a photo op specifically set up by quick step to show off the kit design.

declaring that he is training in the kit so that you can criticize him for being vain seems far-fetched beyond belief (maybe a little projection?).

evenepoel so far is showing every sign of being the greatest cyclist since hinault. time will tell.

he also appears to be at least trying to remain with his head on his shoulders despite the attention and despite people like you desperately wanting to find something wrong in his manner.

of course, whether he remains humble, only time will tell. but as he continues to be unbelievably successful, the haters will no doubt crawl out of the woodwork, that's for sure.
I see traces of lance on him. he breathes confidence, hard work and seems mentally unbroken. This guy will be a legend.

Picture was posted without any context or description. These guys post simular pictures on their facebook and Instagram all the time. And if you think i'm projecting, feel free to read through this topic and see how i think about Evenepoel.

Speaking of vain...
Logic, is that you? :tearsofjoy:
Nope, not me. Might be DNP-Old :p

But unless it's Remco himself, it also wouldn't be vain. Personally i don't think the image is very flattering for Remco either. Looks like a 40 year old.

Last edited:
Even if he is training in the Euro champs jersey nothing wrong with that as he earned the right to wear it through his own performance.

It would be a little different if he was spotted on a training ride wearing a replica Maillot Jaune
I certainly didn't say there's anything wrong with it. But since the picture was posted without the backstory, it seemed like something from his instagram, and as such, a little bit vain. There is also nothing wrong with being a bit vain (which i actually think he is slightly, regardless of this picture being a photoshoot) since i think it can work as an extra "drive". Many champs share this trait.

Armstrong is a ruthless sociopath. I see some arrogance in Remco, but nothing more.
You're true but Lance had a incredible mindset. I don't have any doubs that there isn't one cyclist better than him when we talk about resilience, mental toughness, overcoming adversity. Like I said remco is a little bit similar to lance, that's the reason why I think he will be a legend (not because he is so talented).
And don't get me wrong, I still think lance is a sociopath.

Reactions: GuntherL
You're true but Lance had a incredible mindset. I don't have any doubs that there isn't one cyclist better than him when we talk about resilience, mental toughness, overcoming adversity. Like I said remco is a little bit similar to lance, that's the reason why I think he will be a legend (not because he is so talented).
And don't get me wrong, I still think lance is a sociopath.
His ability to bounce back is phenomenal. His father told a story about a crash a in junior race in Holland that made him lose consciousness. He woke up after a few minutes, finished the stage and won the day after solo.
Adriatica-Ionica last month. Crashed in stage one, was left behind by his team mates and screwed up his GC. He won two days later.

His ability to bounce back is phenomenal. His father told a story about a crash a in junior race in Holland that made him lose consciousness. He woke up after a few minutes, finished the stage and won the day after solo.
Adriatica-Ionica last month. Crashed in stage one, was left behind by his team mates and screwed up his GC. He won two days later.
Last years junior WC was no different. Crashed, saw his biggest rivals (Italians + Vacek) take over 2 minutes. Kept calm, came back, finished it. There is also a huge amount of self-belief. You could also see that clearly in the Baloise Belgium Tour, when Wellens attacked.

Also, that wasn't a junior race in Holland iirc, but Ster van Zuid-Limburg .

Reactions: GuntherL

TRENDING THREADS