• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Okay, Phew! He's human!
EDOad02WkAAcNXo

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Campenaerts is aiming for the WC ITT
Thomas is aiming for the WC ITT
Evenepoel is aiming for the WC ITT

Is Roglic riding? Is this known or still undecided? What's up with the rider of Rohan? Will he ride? Campenaerts will not ride any races until the WC.
Froome is out, van Aert is out, Dumoulin is out. Realistically, who else is there? Kwiatkowski? Martin? Küng? Ganna? Affini? Toft Madsen? Castroviejo? Asgreen?

Last edited:
If Remco also considers himself as a contender for the Worlds ITT, I see no reason to doubt that. He has been racing enough now to have a good idea about the strength of the opposition.

And his solo ride in Deutschland proved the shape is (still) there.

I would not be surprised if he wins (I too think he is favourite), but his slight arrogance seeps through again by being disappointed if he does not win. Maybe it is the hallmark of a great champion, to have self-confidence in abundance.

Would anyone be genuinely surprised if he wins?
Yes, but then again... I don't think all of them big guns are focussing on this WC ITT. Dumoulin, Dennis, Van Aert, Froome, Thomas, Castroviejo, Martin and Campenaerts all seem to have other priority's or 'troubles' to be at their best. He's is still pretty far from being the best time trialist, but this might be his best opportunity.

I would not be surprised if he wins (I too think he is favourite), but his slight arrogance seeps through again by being disappointed if he does not win. Maybe it is the hallmark of a great champion, to have self-confidence in abundance.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe we can also take some of the things he says with a pinch of salt. And if he is serious, then whats the harm in believing in yourself. Speak things into existence. It is also probably about building an image. Acting and talking like a superstar. Backing it up with actually winning some races. Will probably put him in a good postion for some very luctractive endorsement deals. Especially if you have some personality to go with it.

TRENDING THREADS