• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 133 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Yes, but there have been instances like this in the past as well, and they are not talking to him. As far as these outburst go, he isn't in the best team to calm him down i'm afraid.

In Dutch it's to make an elephant out of a mosquito.
I agree with your post, but somebody really should tone him down, or at least teach him to wait 5 minutes before tweeting in a response to events that stir his emotions.
Definitely agree with you about the team thing. Nobody in cycling would be surprised if it turned out that twitter comment had instead been by Patrick Lefevre. When the boss of the team sets the tone it’s not altogether surprising that others follow.

Lol @ no gifts. Since when has he ever ridden in anything less than a cannibalistic manner. Hard to think of a time other than with Gilbert in 2019 Worlds where he has sacrificed himself when having a chance to win to try to help others.

Maybe he sees him falling in Lombardia and therefore not being able to ride Tirreno, Worlds and Giro as a 'gift' to the others since they were now able to win something as well. :smirk:

Proves again that he might be the most dislikable guy from the peloton. I feel sorry for the Belgians.

You'll be happy to know (or maybe you already did but didn't think it was relevant to your case) that he got in contact with the guy and offered his appologies in person.

No more gifts haha what a sad little man.His dad was crying in the news today how he got his tools stolen from his van. This happens all the time over here but no golddigger dad thinks he special
What an embarrassing post.

You can find it sad all you want i dont care but dont refuse to see the kid has a problem. He had to excuse himself again after his stupid Motard de merde post. Its always the same with him stupid comments and then he has to apologise again and again. He makes himself look like a goddamn fool with all the backpedalling.

Last edited:
You can find it sad all you want i dont care but dont refuse to see the kid has a problem. He had to excuse himself again after his stupid Motard de merde post. Its always the same with him stupid comments and then he has to apologise again and again. He makes himself look like a goddamn fool with all the backpedalling.
I'm sure you've never said stupid ***. I read two of your post and ding ding ding. Yes, he says stupid things, yes, he's too impulsive but at least he does apologize. It's got nothing to do with backpedaling, but with common sense and curtsy. I agree that he needs to learn to control himself, to think twice before putting something on twitter, but you also need to realize he's 20, and has been one of the riders, if not the one most in the spotlights for the past 18 months. Most other riders get to stay in the out of the spotlight until they are 24. Even Pogacar is 2 years older than Evenepoel. And people also forget or neglect to realize that he was playing high-level football (soccer) until he was 17, a completely different culture with a completely different mentality. Maybe if you started checking social media of other 20 old riders/footballers/athletes, you would find similar stupid comments, with one difference, that they don't get retweeted or make it as international news.

As for your comment about his dad, it weren't just "his tools" that were stolen, it was thousands of euro's worth of equipment and new kitchen appliances. As if he doesn't have the right to be mad for getting robbed. But again, with someone else it doesn't make the news, with him it does. And apparently you think that the Evenepoels write the news themselves and decide what each newsoutlet has to put on their frontpage. They don't. So if you don't like that sensational clickbait type of news, i suggest you take it up with the newsoutlet in question. But the fact that you even have to mention this and present it as if it were incriminating, shows what you are here for.

I'm sure you've never said stupid ***. I read two of your post and ding ding ding. Yes, he says stupid things, yes, he's too impulsive but at least he does apologize. It's got nothing to do with backpedaling, but with common sense and curtsy. I agree that he needs to learn to control himself, to think twice before putting something on twitter, but you also need to realize he's 20, and has been one of the riders, if not the one most in the spotlights for the past 18 months. Most other riders get to stay in the out of the spotlight until they are 24. Even Pogacar is 2 years older than Evenepoel. And people also forget or neglect to realize that he was playing high-level football (soccer) until he was 17, a completely different culture with a completely different mentality. Maybe if you started checking social media of other 20 old riders/footballers/athletes, you would find similar stupid comments, with one difference, that they don't get retweeted or make it as international news.

As for your comment about his dad, it weren't just "his tools" that were stolen, it was thousands of euro's worth of equipment and new kitchen appliances. As if he doesn't have the right to be mad for getting robbed. But again, with someone else it doesn't make the news, with him it does. And apparently you think that the Evenepoels write the news themselves and decide what each newsoutlet has to put on their frontpage. They don't. So if you don't like that sensational clickbait type of news, i suggest you take it up with the newsoutlet in question. But the fact that you even have to mention this and present it as if it were incriminating, shows what you are here for.
His whole family is looking for attention as much as evenepoel himself. He likes to belittle other riders and paints their victories as Luck or some kind of gift from the King himself. Thats not the same as doing some stupid *** when you are young. Why do you even spend your time defending him post after post. I dont care about your opinion and neither should you about mine.
Ok checked your post history and i m starting to understand whats going on here. Thank god for ignore.

Last edited:
His whole family is looking for attention as much as evenepoel himself. He likes to belittle other riders and paints their victories as Luck or some kind of gift from the King himself. Thats not the same as doing some stupid *** when you are young. Why do you even spend your time defending him post after post. I dont care about your opinion and neither should you about mine.
Ok checked your post history and i m starting to understand whats going on here. Thank god for ignore.
Joke of the week so far, this guy checking other people's post history. :tearsofjoy:

Well yes it kinda begs the question why somebody gets his panties in a bunch so much because of valid criticism. Dont worry i only read a couple and stopped because that was enough stupid for one day.
You are aware we can all read your post history too, right? :rolleyes:
You can go hate on Evenepoel again in your Nibali topic now.

I also don't think you really grasp the concept of a discussion forum.

TRENDING THREADS