• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 134 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
He has nearly half the comments Valverde has in his thread and how long has Valverde been around with his achievements! Maybe there is too much hyped up rubbish posted that folk get sick of reading. Just MO.
Then don't read it. This isn't A Clockwork Orange, nobody's forcing you to. The reason why there are so many comments are exactly because of what he achieved at his age, in such a short time, after coming from a different sport. This is why people are interested to see where he came from, where he's going etc. If he had achieved the same but were 5 years older, he'd have a topic like Mollema.

Look what he did with bettiol...thats the thing that made me mad by the way. Bettiol won flanders fair and square. There s a reason why he needs to issue apology after apology. I m far from the only one to have these thoughts about evenepoel so its not just me.
"What did he do to Bettiol?" He responded to what Bettiol did. Oh, right, but i guess what Bettiol did was not laughing with his rivals and was not stupid *** for which he had to apologize right? Except that Bettiol was 25, and not 20. If Remco did what Bettiol did, you'd be screaming bloody murder and take it as "evidence" of how arrogant and sad he is. But it's Bettiol, so all is fine for Lo Squalo.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Then don't read it. This isn't A Clockwork Orange, nobody's forcing you to. The reason why there are so many comments are exactly because of what he achieved at his age, in such a short time, after coming from a different sport. This is why people are interested to see where he came from, where he's going etc. If he had achieved the same but were 5 years older, he'd have a topic like Mollema.

"What did he do to Bettiol?" He responded to what Bettiol did. Oh, right, but i guess what Bettiol did was not laughing with his rivals and was not stupid *** for which he had to apologize right? Except that Bettiol was 25, and not 20. If Remco did what Bettiol did, you'd be screaming bloody murder and take it as "evidence" of how arrogant and sad he is. But it's Bettiol, so all is fine for Lo Squalo.

You are really too invested in this man and i wont respond to you anymore after this but if you fail to see he has an serious attitude its because you refuse to. I wonder why you are seemingly so emotionaly invested in evenepoel and whatever people think about him. Why take it so personal?
Just let it go. you sure as hell aint gonna change my opinion on him and vice versa. Anyway you will get lots of work defending the guy in the future as more apologies and stupidity will follow i can tell you that.

Reactions: wheresmybrakes
You are really too invested in this man and i wont respond to you anymore after this but if you fail to see he has an serious attitude its because you refuse to. I wonder why you are seemingly so emotionaly invested in evenepoel and whatever people think about him. Why take it so personal?
Just let it go. you sure as hell aint gonna change my opinion on him and vice versa. Anyway you will get lots of work defending the guy in the future as more apologies and stupidity will follow i can tell you that.
Wait, let me go troll the Bettiol and Nibali threads to see how you are not emotionally invested. :tearsofjoy:
Thanks for the advice nevertheless. It means a lot to me.

How did the press know? Tipped of by cops which is unlikely because its a non story or daddy himself?
Please dont go all emotional again logic and dont overdo the smiley emoticons its way too obvious how you really feel

This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, surely. Seems Evenepoel evokes an emotional reaction out of you too: crying about the media exposure he, and his family gets, which none in here have any control over. Do yourself a favor and take your own advice: just let it go.

This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, surely. Seems Evenepoel evokes an emotional reaction out of you too: crying about the media exposure he, and his family gets, which none in here have any control over. Do yourself a favor and take your own advice: just let it go.
Oh i have no problem letting go but the defense force decided to keep on going. I strongly dislike attention whoring and people acting like they are better then anyone else. He let the world know he wanted to ride the vuelta 2 weeks ago while everybody knows thats impossible and even lefevere said oh well Remco talks a lot. If its not about evenepoel he will make it about evenepoel.
As far as i m concerned case closed. Logic and Eddy evenepoel are on ignore and thats that.

(Since Evenepoel isn't riding for a few months, it doesn't hurt to have a laugh.)

He has no problem letting go, as illustrated by the 11 messages repeating himself.
He dislikes attention whores, as illustrated by the 11 messages he's been claiming attention.
Twisting facts (Bettiol, Remco's dad, vuelta story which Evenepoel did not communicate anywhere, not noticing who he's reacting to) all show he's clearly not emotionally invested.

Thanks for cheering us up, Lo Squalo.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Big Doopie and Boes
Wake up people, Remco is never gonna win a GT nor all 5 monuments.
He will have a good career but not even close to what he and some people here think he is going to win ... very sad

I think you ought to take some of the things that are said in here with a pinch of salt. It’s a fine line between evidence-based predictions and light-hearted banter. It’s Evenepoel’s thread after all.

With that being said, it’s an undeniable fact, based on actual results, that RE is a massive talent. I mean, just look at his track record and timeline as regards to his cycling career. So little experience and yet so good, it’s actually incredible stuff.

As far as I’m concerned I’d rather sit back and watch it play out. Hopefully that means I’ll get so see some epic racing from him against the other new names that have come to the fore in RR recently.

As a non-Evenepoel fan I want to say the hate he gets is ridiculous. So he says some stupid stuff sometimes - who doesn't? I don't mind people saying publicly what they think. And to downplay what he has already won and has the talent to win does not make any sense.
I don't find him sympathetic, but he hasn't done anything, yet, that would make me think insulting him personally is appropriate.

As far as i m concerned case closed. Logic and Eddy evenepoel are on ignore and thats that.
I wish you had ignored me before you did that ridiculous reply on my post in the Nibali thread before the Sestriere stage...
Your hate for fat little Remco is probably stronger than the love for him by any of us in here, so I’m not really bothered about your opinion.
Even if you remove all hype and everything, don’t even care about how he have won races and looks at results only - there is still no way to even suggest that Remco Evenepoel is not an exceptional talent.