• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 553 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Only follow Evenepoel if you can follow Evenepoel, otherwise let it be, take a photo and give up the megalomania. I ran into Laurent Fignon on the road at Antibes in 92, past his golden days, and thought "***, that's Laurent Fignon," and the fact that I did not pursue him made all the diference. He smiled gently at my salute, and that was that. But that was back in 92, no social media, some decorum.
yeah...no. Don't follow any rider that suggests they don't need company. It's common courtesy that should extend to pros. Your experience with Laurent bears out the acknowledgement of that courtesy. Why am I even....?!!!

It can be difficult when STUPID is distilled to an annoying sauce. You can't get the taste out of your mouth and the need to respond is unrestrainable....opinions can be bitter.
I get that in relation to bickering with a fellow poster whose opinions grate on you but I don’t believe that is what the ban was for and it was something that he would know full well broke the forums rules about where such comments can be made.

In an interview with the Belgian newspaper HLN, Remco told he’ll mostly ride for Jakobsen in most stages. Only the stage of Thursday, the mountain stage, he rides to win the race.

He’ll be part of the sprint train from kilometer 4-5 to kilometer 1.

There isn't even the traditional time trial at San Juan. Alto Colorado is not very steep either. I think it's good for Remco to ride for other early to build form. However, there's not much of a carrot for San Juan.

Maybe he's going to become a much better sprinter.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
There isn't even the traditional time trial at San Juan. Alto Colorado is not very steep either. I think it's good for Remco to ride for other early to build form. However, there's not much of a carrot for San Juan.

Maybe he's going to win 5 stages by starting his leadout at 2km and riding away from the peloton. All Lampaert has to do is let go his wheel.

Based on the team Quickstep has at the start of the race I'm pretty sure they are mostly just paid very very well.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS