• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The ridicolous Contador vs Wiggins/Froome comparisons

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Poster deliberately trying to get thread closed by throwing in doping, despite repeated warnings to keep the doping away from this forum that even a 2 year old should understand.

Please, I wasn't deliberately trying to close the thread. A claim was made, I meant it could be rightfully questioned given the unfolding of the US Postal case and Marti's life ban.

Given all the garbage you have been spewing out about Wiggins, don't lecture me about following warnings.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Btw to those making out Annency to have been some mountain tt like Kronplatz and that being the only reason Contador won, wasnt Contador ahead of Wiggins on the timechecks before the short hill?

Now it's irrelevant as that TT was the best Contador one in his entire career whereas Wiggins only learnt himself as a gc rider and rode the TT being so fatigued for the first time in his life. He demonstrates completely different level during last 1.5 years.

clinic related talk won't be tolerated, i deleted falken's posts and as soon as an admin checks my notification falken will be banned for 24 hours, any1 else feeling friendly and wanting to join him?

anyway

contador was already ahead of both canc and wiggins on the first flat part of the annecy itt, then extended that lead on the climb on both guys. on the next flatter/downhill part he lost some time on canc which is why he only won by 3 secs but still won more time on wiggins. it must be said that cancellara had a tremendously strong last part as several guys like for example ignatiev were stronger then him over the 2 first time checks but he not only passed them but clearly destroyed them over the last 1.

anyway it's obvious that unless contador suffers from major bad luck he is much superior to wiggins on any kind of GT route. By now wiggins would be luck if he was ahead of contador on GC as contador would have destroyed the sky train and gained enough time on stage 7 to defend his lead on the itt.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
As expected a big part of the forum still doesn't want to put up with global changes. :) thank god, by contrast many people on here, I don't aspire to objectivity, but it's really funny read some of those who aspire to.

airstream said:
Now it's irrelevant as that TT was the best Contador one in his entire career whereas Wiggins only learnt himself as a gc rider and rode the TT being so fatigued for the first time in his life. He demonstrates completely different level during last 1.5 years.

Alberto is a good time trialist. Period, end of discussion and all that.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
clinic related talk won't be tolerated, i deleted falken's posts and as soon as an admin checks my notification falken will be banned for 24 hours, any1 else feeling friendly and wanting to join him?

anyway

contador was already ahead of both canc and wiggins on the first flat part of the annecy itt, then extended that lead on the climb on both guys. on the next flatter/downhill part he lost some time on canc which is why he only won by 3 secs but still won more time on wiggins. it must be said that cancellara had a tremendously strong last part as several guys like for example ignatiev were stronger then him over the 2 first time checks but he not only passed them but clearly destroyed them over the last 1.

anyway it's obvious that unless contador suffers from major bad luck he is much superior to wiggins on any kind of GT route. By now wiggins would be luck if he was ahead of contador on GC as contador would have destroyed the sky train and gained enough time on stage 7 to defend his lead on the itt.

This entire discussion needs to be in the clinic and I am surprised it isn't there to begin with. I can't really say anything beyond that because I would rightfully be sanctioned.

All other things being equal, no there really isn't much of a comparison.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
This TDF just shows how much Conta brought to the race.. even last year while not in top form he made the race more exciting. Wiggo would be out the back with a few of those attacks.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
We are overrating Sky we don't see them in multi-climb stages. Neither Froome or Wiggins (he was beated by Schleck brothers in 2009 queen stage). Of course Nibali, Evans and van der Broeck can't wait till last 3 km. The famous Sky train must be tested with attacks of 60-90 km like Andy and Alberto did last year.

Forunculo said:
We are overrating Sky we don't see them in multi-climb stages. Neither Froome or Wiggins (he was beated by Schleck brothers in 2009 queen stage). Of course Nibali, Evans and van der Broeck can't wait till last 3 km. The famous Sky train must be tested with attacks of 60-90 km like Andy and Alberto did last year.

I would love to see this happen, but I have my doubts... Negative racing--I mean, tactical racing is the name of the game these days. Protect that top five!

Next year is gonna be awesome. UK Postal will be blown all over the road by Andy and Contador.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
I would love to see this happen, but I have my doubts... Negative racing--I mean, tactical racing is the name of the game these days. Protect that top five!

Next year is gonna be awesome. UK Postal will be blown all over the road by Andy and Contador.

On that negative racing is where Brailsford focuses all its strategy and project. Cadel won a Tour last year, being 2nd or 45 should not matter.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Vincenzo says they need to seperate froom and wiggins from their teammates.

And very soon, they must hurt Wiggins to create a tactical dilemma with Froome. Even in this scenario the favourite is Froome but it's different if one rider is the strongest to the UK postal

sartoris said:
Hey, you have to have class even to punch someone !!

WIGGO (pure twa**ery)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzHmhgjL2pc&feature=player_embedded

VERSUS

CONTADOR (pure class)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0W__FNIGwA

On long climbs does Froome punch spectators for Wiggins? Are Evans and Nibali going to work together on spectator punching?

Perhaps we need a thread of videos of misbehavior by pro's. Evans has a couple of bad moments of his own.

I really don't see AC's 'punch' as misbehavior. They really need some modicum of security in the portions where spectators are capable of running alongside people. Running alongside is cool and part of the fun of it, but being a miscreant should get you a good 30 days to ponder one's brilliance. Don't spoil the fun! Do the euro's withstand this but^holery with better humor than English speakers? Just a thought.

TRENDING THREADS