The Rohan Dennis threat

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
One also has to say that he never caused any problems at BMC, he's not easy to deal with, but he can be a great asset for a team in the right environment. He strikes me as a guy who's a hothead and usually has his focus on a single goal, after reaching that goal he needs some time to reset mentally. I also get the feeling that he doesn't like changing plans at the last minute.

There is Rohan and then there are all the others. If he had been a couple of years younger, I think he might have had the possibility to challenge Cancellara and Martin as the best modern day time trialists.

It looked like he was wearing a KASK helmet today. Isn't Bahrain Merida wearing Rudy Project normally? Also, I assume the black bike was a BMC?

There is Rohan and then there are all the others. If he had been a couple of years younger, I think he might have had the possibility to challenge Cancellara and Martin as the best modern day time trialists.

It looked like he was wearing a KASK helmet today. Isn't Bahrain Merida wearing Rudy Project normally? Also, I assume the black bike was a BMC?
View: https://twitter.com/Doctor_Hutch/status/1176877497075605504

I mean, he's clearly the man right now when it comes to time-trialing. But he might need to start an actual Team Dennis with his personal sponsors.

Rohan looked awesome today. It looks like he regrouped after the TDF, figured out what he was going to do, and made good on his goal. He looked as awesome this year as last year. Not sure one performance was better than the other. I.e., if last year's Rohan had competed in this year's ITT, I think the result would have been the same, and vice versa.

I hope so. Nothing like making a stink and backing it up with your legs. Good on him.
Backing what? We would have won on a merida bike and with the rudy helmet.

The legs are what matter. His problem is only in his head. I understand if he likes the BMC better, but I highly doubt that it would have made that big of a difference.

Backing what? We would have won on a merida bike and with the rudy helmet.

The legs are what matter. His problem is only in his head. I understand if he likes the BMC better, but I highly doubt that it would have made that big of a difference.
Doesn't matter if it was in his head or the bike or the helmet, the sports beverage or dimples on his skinsuit. He won. There's a certain panache to that.

He did back up what he said today with his TT ride. Now, yes, it's highly possible much of what his issues with the Merida TT bike are are in his head, but that can account for issues.
I still think Dennis has fit issues with the Merida Warp. BMC does at least 4 sizes of Time Machine while Merida has the Warp in only 3, with the medium expected to cater for a large range of riders. Merida can't even provide a geometry chart.

It was posted earlier in this thread that Dennis's position had changed this year, with his head and hands lower and further from his body. I'm not too surprised that the bike really doesn't work for HIM.

Not to say that it can't for others with a body size and shape more suited to it.

I still think Dennis has fit issues with the Merida Warp. BMC does at least 4 sizes of Time Machine while Merida has the Warp in only 3, with the medium expected to cater for a large range of riders. Merida can't even provide a geometry chart.

It was posted earlier in this thread that Dennis's position had changed this year, with his head and hands lower and further from his body. I'm not too surprised that the bike really doesn't work for HIM.

Not to say that it can't for others with a body size and shape more suited to it.
Actually that does make a lot of sense. I have fit issues with all but Specialized's WDS road bikes. I have an easier time with men's road bikes as long as the bike company makes basically what is an XS bike ( 42cm to 48cm depending on how the company measures it). The best fit road bike I've found for me is Felt's. I'm sure I'd have an even bigger issue with a TT bike, just don't really have a need to purchase one.

Reactions: 42x16ss
Actually that does make a lot of sense. I have fit issues with all but Specialized's WDS road bikes. I have an easier time with men's road bikes as long as the bike company makes basically what is an XS bike ( 42cm to 48cm depending on how the company measures it). The best fit road bike I've found for me is Felt's. I'm sure I'd have an even bigger issue with a TT bike, just don't really have a need to purchase one.
It's the only logical reason I can find for Dennis to be so put off by the Merida TBH. The shape is slippery, the composites would be good enough, weight is about right - that really only leaves the geometry IMHO.

Reactions: Koronin
Yes, it probably is the geometry. Merida make bikes for Specialized (and some other brands too I think) and are a decent manufacturer so it must be something very specific to Dennis. Will be very interesting to see what unfolds now.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts