• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The special Edition

Amazing how they copped all these major news stories on the first day of April. Certainly had me convinced, but again James goes the carbon route as he did last year. Wonder if his bed is made of the stuff. Great addition and hope we see more from Avril Imb?cile:p

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
One of the problems with instant global communication is a s**** printed up for an April first gag in Australia time shows up in the US the day before.

Damn International date line! Yea, that is the problem - certainaly not my gullibility...

Good one CN.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It wasn't funny, especially as Stiamo Mentendo means "we're lying" in Italian so you can spot it from miles away. A good April Fool's joke should suck you in for a while. Far better to craft a more sneaky story into the days news, without headlines saying "we're lying".

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I suppose many people are not as cynical as me. Also they don't speak European languages, so references to Poisson d'Avril and Mentendo aren't picked up.