• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tim Herman Show

DominicDecoco said:
10 minutes of pure gold.

I'm sure it's been linked to somewhere on page 614 in the Lance thread but to those who haven't seen it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v_CENzx51k

I thought he did rather well considering the situation. He will continue to try and suck more cash out of the clown. Can't blame him, plenty still to take. When the cash is gone, Armstrong will no longer be a friend.

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:

Wow! I think I've written a few times before that I did not consider all of Mr. Armstrong's legal moves very wise. But I had no idea that his lawyer was that bad. Here's just one example:
Questioner: Do you think that Armstrong could have perjured himself, if the media reports are true?

Mr. Herman: I couldn't comment on that. All I know is what the statute of limitations is in Texas. Other than that ...

Questioner: What are the statute of limitations there in Texas?

Mr. Herman: Ah... the statute ... for ... ah .... this ... Can you still? Ok. The statute of limitations is two years. Um, on perjury, I heard somebody say three years this morning. But I haven't looked at it in a long time. It's been a while since I've done any criminal...

I am amazed that Lance Armstrong, the perfectionist, ended up with a lawyer like Tim Herman. Absolutely amazed.

enCYCLOpedia said:
Wow! I think I've written a few times before that I did not consider all of Mr. Armstrong's legal moves very wise. But I had no idea that his lawyer was that bad. Here's just one example:

I am amazed that Lance Armstrong, the perfectionist, ended up with a lawyer like Tim Herman. Absolutely amazed.

so whats the plan.
Sucking max cash out of the clown or closing the cases fast, efficient with minimal damage?

Armstrong and Herman are made for each other. No moral values, no empathy for others, no redeeming human qualities. They are both also serial liars.

As to his fumbling with basic legal principles, this is likely a diversion tactic to show just how disinterested he is by all the attempts to bring his client to justice for his multiple wrongs. Then again it is difficult to use "principles" and Herman in the same sentence.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Meh. With old guys like that it's who you know.

His legal practice amounts to farming the work out to the staff lawyers trying to make partner.

Herman gave Stapleton a job, so that is how Armstrong got hooked up with Herman.

I bet Armstrong is not doing great right now.

TRENDING THREADS