• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tour - Streaming on the internet?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any internet sites that are planning on broadcasting the tour this year.

I thought the coverage of the Giro on universalsports.com was great this year (excepting the commentary), and I'm also a cycling.tv subscriber - their coverage has been great as well (love Martin & Magnus), even if they don't show as much of each race/stage.

However, being located in Canada, and having no cable TV - no OLN (I think it's called Versus in the states), I have no way of seeing the tour at the moment!

Calling on the mighty knowledge of this forum to help me out! Thanks in advance...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
cyclingfans.com is usually very efficient at posting several live streaming options for major races. Go there on race day and when live coverage starts from the host broadcaster it won't be long before you have some options.

A

Anonymous

eurosport is the best legal way... £3.99 a month.. and the streaming is good.. we subsribe from the start of the giro till we head to france at the end of july...

if not rtbf usually have excellent streaming with built in text comms and chatroom.. http://www.rtbf.be/sport/cyclisme

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the replies

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I think I'm going to try out the eurosport option first, but may fall back to cyclingfans.com. I've never had much luck with justin.tv, but will give it a try too if all else fails :)

Edit - thanks for the link to steephill.tv too! Looks like a great site.

Edit again - Dammit, eurosport player doesn't work in canada :(

TRENDING THREADS