• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The troll thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately this forum is the target of motivated troll. He has been banned many times.The best strategy is to report him and not engage him. If you must engage him refer him to this thread and continue the discussion here. His goal is simple, to derail threads and make the forum unusable. He uses the same strategy with each new username.

*Pretend a question has never been answered, even though it has many times
*Ask questions and make statements that have nothing to do with the thread, but are sure to invoke a response
*Make irrational statements that are easily refuted, then defend them with irrational positions
*Continue to defend a position even thought it has been proven wrong many times.
*When asked for information to support his wild claims he will never provide them.
*Bait other posters by inventing lies about them, twisting their position
*Pretend to not know the details of a topic that has been discussed many times. Refuses to use the search function instead preferring to rehash topics that have been discussed many times
*Flood the board with dozens of posts, often off topic and baiting, in a short period of time.
*If users ignore the baiting of the troll on the board he will resort to multiple PM's with insane ramblings. I have received up to 40 in the space of a few hours.
*Bait the moderators with claims of the ability get a new IP address in the space of a few minutes
*Pretend that he is banned because of his views, not that he is a troll.
*Does not understand that banned means banned. Continues to start up new usernames and pretend that he is a new person.

Some of his many banned usernames

Arbiter
Ban Pro Cycling
British Pro Cycling
Bristol Pro Cycling
Unban Pro Cycling
Max Power
Rex Hunter
Sprocket
Sprocket01
Sprocket02
Sprocket999
Earth Tribe
Great White
Slayer
Stealth
Prodigy
Prodigal Son
Epoche
The Sinularity
Mallorca Man
Piston Pete
Iron Man Sam

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
I am closing this.

Susan

Why?

It is important for new members to see, maybe give them insight.

Or is it an admission that you cannot deal with the problem so must sweep it under the carpet?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Then it must be moved out of this forum.

Please do not open another one in the Clinic.

Susan

Thanks Susan. This would be the better forum.

I should add that one of his favorite tactics is to made ridiculous claims not supported by fact in order to draw others into debating him....resulting in a blizzard of posts. These include debating the meaning of French and Spanish words with native speakers, claiming that Pro cyclist have never used cortisone, and that a iron rich meal can result in an increase in Hct during the third week of the Tour.

All true RR. Now, let's let it go.

If the guy comes back, and you're pretty sure it's him, report the post or send one of us a PM and we'll look into it. I'd rather this thread not turn into a multi-page venting session and we all just move on, especially as this is the start of the racing season and there are much better things to discuss.

Baited By Race Radio said:
Well needless to say...[NUTJOB COMMENTS REDACTED]

All aboard!!!

CrazyTrain.jpg

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you stealing my thunder?

Baited By Race Radio said:
If you're going to make a lot of statements about me, I'm going to respond to them. You tw*t.

I am under the impression that the statements were aimed at me.

I have been too busy however reading the private message I received from a moderator threatening me with banning, the publication of my true identity, and prosecution for libel.

I wonder if Le Chat Noir, has received the same threat? That would be a fascinating scenario; One worthy of a front row seat.

Sorry, I was not aware that you were looking to me to clear your name.
OK the revised list would look like this:
Arbiter
Ban Pro Cycling
British Pro Cycling
Bristol Pro Cycling
Unban Pro Cycling
Max Power
Rex Hunter
Sprocket
Sprocket01
Sprocket02
Earth Tribe
Great White
Slayer
Prodigy
Prodigal Son
Epoche
The Sinularity
Mallorca Man
Piston Pete
Iron Man Sam

There that's better you're not really a troll at all.
How about you just accept a voluntary 1 month ban for each of the times you have broken the forum rules by returning after being banned.
Lets see including this one that would be 20 months. So November 14, 2011 sound good to you? OK, thanks see you then.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Unfortunately this forum is the target of motivated troll. He has been banned many times.The best strategy is to report him and not engage him. If you must engage him refer him to this thread and continue the discussion here. His goal is simple, to derail threads and make the forum unusable. He uses the same strategy with each new username.

*Pretend a question has never been answered, even though it has many times
*Ask questions and make statements that have nothing to do with the thread, but are sure to invoke a response
*Make irrational statements that are easily refuted, then defend them with irrational positions
*Continue to defend a position even thought it has been proven wrong many times.
*When asked for information to support his wild claims he will never provide them.
*Bait other posters by inventing lies about them, twisting their position
*Pretend to not know the details of a topic that has been discussed many times. Refuses to use the search function instead preferring to rehash topics that have been discussed many times
*Flood the board with dozens of posts, often off topic and baiting, in a short period of time.
*If users ignore the baiting of the troll on the board he will resort to multiple PM's with insane ramblings. I have received up to 40 in the space of a few hours.
*Bait the moderators with claims of the ability get a new IP address in the space of a few minutes
*Pretend that he is banned because of his views, not that he is a troll.
*Does not understand that banned means banned. Continues to start up new usernames and pretend that he is a new person.

Some of his many banned usernames

Arbiter
Ban Pro Cycling
British Pro Cycling
Bristol Pro Cycling
Unban Pro Cycling
Max Power
Rex Hunter
Sprocket
Sprocket01
Sprocket02
Sprocket999