• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The UCI World Tour

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I imagine there will be lots more info on this later in the day and in the coming week.

Press release - UCI Congress and Management Committee meetings in Melbourne

Date: 01.10.2010
Description:

The International Cycling Union (UCI) Congress took place today in Melbourne (Australia) during the UCI Road World Championships. Earlier, the UCI Management Committee met in the same place.

During its meeting, the Management Committee agreed on the formal and complete merger of the UCI ProTour and “historical” calendars, which have come under the UCI World Calendar since 2009.

As a result of this decision, from the beginning of the 2011 season, all the world’s biggest races, which from now on make up the “UCI World Tour” , will be subject to the same participation rules. The UCI ProTeams, the number of which will be limited to 18, will have the right to and be obliged to participate in all the UCI World Tour events, whereas organisers will be able to invite UCI Professional Continental Teams of their choice for the remaining places.

Although the conditions of registration for UCI ProTeams remain unchanged (sporting value as well as ethical, financial and administrative criteria), the sporting value will now be calculated each year according to a precise points system.

The Management Committee also approved a text ruling on the role of riders’ agents, proposed by the UCI ProTour Council (UPTC), which also met in Melbourne, on September 28th. This rule aims to increase the professionalism of the agents, standardising their functions and improving their monitoring.

In 2011 agents will sit exams, after which they will receive a UCI riders’ agent certificate, valid for four years.
Those wishing to practise this profession must then obtain a riders’ agent licence from their National Federation. This request can only be made by people certified by the UCI. From the 1st January 2012, all riders’ agents must meet these new requirements. The UCI will publish the list of approved agents on its website.

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENe...es/UCI/UCI5/layout.asp?MenuID=MTYxNw&LangId=1

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
;) Think before you post: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=10297

Will help you along a bit, thanks for the info :D

There's a difference between what to expect in terms of team deadlines and a brand new press release just hitting the news. I never looked at the other thread. Nice job picking up my links, though.

By the way, the day you trashed the Shane Stokes Velonation article about Murilo Fischer staying at Garmin, you claimed to have personal information that Fischer was meeting Unzue that very afternoon to sign a contract. As usual, you gave no link, or source for the information, you just claimed to be all-knowing. How did that work out for you?

I'm probably done with pro cycling anyway, but on the ignore list you go, because I really don't need the attitude in my life. Feel free to continue acting like you own the place. I'm sure the others find the arrogance endearing. :eek:

The new calendar is here:

http://www.uci.ch/templates/UCI/UCI2/layout.asp?MenuId=MTUyMjQ&LangId=1

or here:

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=31069

The Vuelta is a week earlier.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Good to see the Vuelta to get the weeks that they wanted.

Does anyone know when the WC is next year? Because I would have tought that the Canadian races would like to be a bit further away from the WC than they were this year

TRENDING THREADS