• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Women in the Lance Armstrong Doping Scandal

Another article:

I have never met an alcoholic prostitute but if I did I would not expect them to be living in the Cheshire countryside, pouring coffee.

Yet that is how Lance Armstrong once described the woman carrying my drink towards me as I sat on her living room sofa.

That was the point Armstrong remarked to O’Reilly: “You know enough now to bring me down.”

The lawsuits started to drop on her mat. Being sued for €750,000 in France and £1 million here over a Sunday Times article did not concern her because she “did not have the money and would just be declared bankrupt.

“I was just like, 'Give me the cardboard box now!’” But she had much darker worries. “I have never felt so hunted down in my whole life,” she recalled. “I could never back down from what I said because I had said the truth. I knew that Lance was bullying me – and for bullies the law is 'he who blinks first’. Lance knew me well enough to know that I wasn’t going to back down. We had a lawyer of Lance’s in the house once and he looked out of our window and said: 'I am surprised you haven’t got any paparazzi here.’ My then boyfriend said, 'Look at the Doberman’ but the lawyer said, 'That won’t keep them away – they’ll get through that.’ It was like a veiled threat. USADA even offered me some support if I felt threatened or scared. It was ridiculous.”

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
CPAvelo said:
Betsy A is valiant woman. I am happy to see her exonerated.
think that is the wrong term.

She was defamed.

And civil attorneys wanna win a handsome slice in a defo suite?

pro bono would be nice, but surely Betsy could make some decent money, so lets get her the best who can get a win fee

Benotti69 said:

Cute......

SPO14_08cartoon_299983a.jpg

thehog said:
Another article:I have never met an alcoholic prostitute but if I did I would not expect them to be living in the Cheshire countryside, pouring coffee.

Yet that is how Lance Armstrong once described the woman carrying my drink towards me as I sat on her living room sofa.

Who did Dopestrong call an "alcoholic prostitute" ?! What article is that?

blackcat said:
think that is the wrong term.

She was defamed.

And civil attorneys wanna win a handsome slice in a defo suite?

pro bono would be nice, but surely Betsy could make some decent money, so lets get her the best who can get a win fee

Yes. I was just going to point that out. Exonerated...wrong term...implies she was found innocent of charges , when it was only Armstrong mudslinging.
She was guilty of nothing.

Armstrong was finally shown to be the lying bully that he always has been.

TRENDING THREADS