• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The World According to Lance - 4 Corners

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
28k0v2c.jpg

That is a good one, but it could be attributed to any Nike athlete. What it really needs is a Livestrong logo.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Worked fine for me.

I LOVED the Lance fan at about 43:45. Whenever I read some imbecile's message board/comments section post go on with the repeated lie about the passed insert-any-number-here tests and never tested positive I will remember this jerk's face and nasally whiny voice. He helps put it all into perspective for me. They walk amongst us. Top of the line madone with di2, powertap, goldplated carbon everything, rides occasionally, average solo cruising speed: 15.2 mph.

Galic Ho said:
It is missing a ton of info that came out this week. It was clear this was put together before the USADA 'Reasoned Decision' because at the start they mentioned that report was due out in a few weeks time. Was probably finished at the end of last month and left in it's edited state.

I think that statement was referring to the time for UCI to respond the RD document.

Also, I think most interviews (e.g. Liggett) were done before the RD document was available but it's hard to tell with some.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I doubt you will be able to find this on the internet. It will be heavily Geo restricted, but I expect they will do some kind of syndication so it will likely show up on broadcast TV across the world.
it was fantastic RR, I was not expecting much. Betsy hit hers outta the park. Brilliant.

I was glued to the box.

This rated 1m viewers, a staggering amount for Australia and this channel. For example, the best rated Tour stage (11) was 500k. So plenty of non-cycling types watched.

A few observations (most already touched on):
1) Ligget looked a broken man
2) Phil Anderson was blindsided, looked very uncomfortable. It is clear he was a dinosaur from the pre-EPO era, when concepts like fixing a race didn't matter because:
“…Every day in every race during my career and since races began alliances were made, the results often planned beforehand but the final victory always a salute to the best rider in the field the results never a foregone conclusion…”
with emphasis on the the 'final victory to the best rider’. This is the peloton of LeMond, Fignon, Hinault. This is what Phil competed in and understands. Armstrong corrupted that notion.
3) Betsy, Emma, Pound, Asho, Tyler, Jaksche all kicked ****. Betsy is a fine wine getting better with age. Frankie is one lucky son of a gun.
4) They went to some length tp demonstrate Armstrong lied under oath. I am now certain he faces perjury proceedings.
5) The lawyer for SCA looked cuddly but was sharper than a cut snake
6) Armstrong is clearly a sociopath. It went way beyond being a good liar.
7) It was as clear as day that the main players were telling the truth, including the French journo and lab director.
8) I liked Tyler. A perfect example of how screwed up the whole thing became.
9) Hein is hoisted on his own petard - Pound nailed him with his own words admitting UCI is complicit in allowing doping:
"...Well, that’s the fault of the spectators...If they were happy with the TdF at 25km/hr that’s fine, but if they want it at 41, 42km/hr, the riders have to prepare.”

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm sure that we can all agree that the main revelation from the program is that Betsy is FARKIN HOT!! :D Mmmmm.....smoldering.....and that hair... and dark eyes.,....ooooh, baby

Flux Capacity said:
Yes, I think we should all agree that the main revelation from the program is that Betsy is FARKIN HOT!! :D Mmmmm.....smoldering.....and that hair... and dark eyes.,....ooooh, baby

I think the Bernie Madoff comment was the best. That has to be used more!

It's an excellent analogy.

Flux Capacity said:
Yes, I'm sure that we can all agree that the main revelation from the program is that Betsy is FARKIN HOT!! :D Mmmmm.....smoldering.....and that hair... and dark eyes.,....ooooh, baby

Up to now Betsy's biggest problem has been harassment from Armstrong and his paid thugs. Now she has to deal with a bunch of slobering internet forum posters. I don't know which is worse!

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It's not just me then! Whilst it doesn't diminish my sheer admiration for Betsy's guts and determination, she is, as we say in Blighty, bloody gorgeous!

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Up to now Betsy's biggest problem has been harassment from Armstrong and his paid thugs. Now she has to deal with a bunch of slobering internet forum posters. I don't know which is worse!

Yeah shame on you sexist jerks, wheres the moderator? Take it elsewhere will you, we're talking seriously here about human rights and that includes respect for women, niether of which Armstrong or some on this thread seem to have.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Utter nonsense, I have the utmost admiration for both Emma and Betsy, remarkable people who've had the guts to stand up to a bully like Armstrong.

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I liked it when Emma O' Reilly was being asked about the make-up and she rubbed her arm to show where the marks were. And then in Lances testimony when asked about Emma O'Reilly, he ... rubbed his arm!
Cal Lightman would have a field day with this- there's probably enough in there for a whole series of "Lie to Me"!

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
rondun said:
I liked it when Emma O' Reilly was being asked about the make-up and she rubbed her arm to show where the marks were. And then in Lances testimony when asked about Emma O'Reilly, he ... rubbed his arm!
Cal Lightman would have a field day with this- there's probably enough in there for a whole series of "Lie to Me"!

Had not watched as I dislike horror movies, but you just piqued my interest intensely. Great pickup!!

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Surfdelux said:
Yeah shame on you sexist jerks, wheres the moderator? Take it elsewhere will you, we're talking seriously here about human rights and that includes respect for women, niether of which Armstrong or some on this thread seem to have.

compared to some of the hatefilled comments the lance fans have directed towards her over YEARS AND YEARS, i think given the choice between the two, and she has no choice, she'll take these over the other. but anyways, all of this is off topic, i just wanted to get that in there and i'll probably delete this later cause this whole thing is a derailment

TRENDING THREADS