• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The World Ends Friday

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking Yellowstone erupts and takes most of the US with it, California cracks off and falls into the sea, Europe and Russia freeze over and they fall into a second ice age, Robots take over Japan and spread out to the other Asian countries, Africa floods and the floods stretch into the other eastern hemisphere continents, meteors destroy South America, Austraila gets attacked by mutant animals. And any other place I didn't mention or for anybody that survives...I'm thinking zombies.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
I'm about 4000 miles away from the Statue of Liberty.....I'll be safe!!:D

Here too. :D

Afrank said:
I'm thinking Yellowstone erupts...

That one i´d take serious, everything else not (except some crazy couple commanders in Wyoming think it would be a great fun to launch some Minuteman).

Race Radio said:
for some it ends tomorrow.....

Sad but true, it´s part of life anyways...

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Here too. :D
That one i´d take serious, everything else not (except some crazy couple commanders in Wyoming think it would be a great fun to launch some Mountainmen). .

Corrected for you..

funny-Mayan-Calendar-Oreo-cookie.jpg

Oreo calendar, definately!

I like the Oreo one, myself.

But what I want to know is, when is this going to happen? What time of day? Central European Time or Mayan time? does my husband need to set his alarm clock as usual? Should we put the trash can out for pick up?

I do think though that I will leave enough catfood in Kitty's bowl overnight, otherwise my world really might end.....

susan

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Alphabet said:
It's now past 1 am in Australia on the 21st.

I'm still alive.

Hmm... That raises some interesting questions. Will the Mayan Apocalypse follow the rules of currently established time zones? Also, just how long does it take to destroy the earth anyway? The Mayans didn't know about time zones, so I'd be really surprised if the apocalypse acts in the spirit of fairness by obliterating everyone at say 6:35pm their local time.

To be safe, I'm not buying any lottery tickets for the weekend. It's a long shot with lotteries anyway of course, but if the world does end on Friday I don't want some of my final thoughts to be 'Why the hell did I buy some lottery tickets for Saturday, it was completely pointless!'