• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Theo Bos is a hard@ss mofo

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow, one thing that no one has mentioned is that if Bos slid out on a descent or crashed again in the bunch it could have been catastrophic with that fracture already there.

I bet Theo is thanking his lucky stars that he got his back checked.

El Pistolero said:
I had some problems with my Lumbar vertebrae(I have 6 instead of the normal 5) and it hurt like hell. Could barely walk for a few weeks... No problem with it anymore now though. Pain went away because of rest.

I don't know what the exact reason was of my pain though, so long ago. The only thing I remember is the excruciating pain.

Considering the emphasis in our sport placed on strengthening one's core having an issue with the lower back in a grand tour had to be pretty tough. To finish the event is quite commendable.

Angliru said:
Considering the emphasis in our sport placed on strengthening one's core having an issue with the lower back in a grand tour had to be pretty tough. To finish the event is quite commendable.

Bos didnt finish but he may well not have made it within the time limit on the last few stages anyway and he did retire two weeks after the event happened.