• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

There Will Be No Doping Positives At TdF 2009

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
Related to the AFLD thread..

I predict there will be no doping positives at this year's Tour. A pretty much uninformed opinion based on the new ownership of ASO and a rant I read somewhere on the internet, the exact location of which I can't recall (Stolen Underground perhaps?)

Will be interesting to see if this is the Tour with the fewest positives in recent years, and thus, the cleanest ...

Can any French forum members comment if L'Equipe's doping journos have been neutered?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
With 3 French victories, the TdF can already be touted 'the cleanest in years'. 1-3 caes however could give some extra credence to ASO being on top of their game ;)

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
With 3 French victories, the TdF can already be touted 'the cleanest in years'. 1-3 caes however could give some extra credence to ASO being on top of their game ;)

Huh? We're now assuming the French don't dope?

May 14, 2009
Visit site
He was double sarcastic...

French winning stages gives the impression of a cleaner TDF because the French are part of the cleaners inside peloton. So it's more credit for everyone, maybe that could explain why Astana didn't want to win Arcalis!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
He was probably being sarcastic.

nobody said:
He was double sarcastic...

French winning stages gives the impression of a cleaner TDF because the French are part of the cleaners inside peloton. So it's more credit for everyone,

Correct.

Anyhow, I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the clinic already, but if this report is only half true we are never going to see any doping cases in this TdF....

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
You are going to have to tranlate that because I could not use my translator.
Thanks.
The gist of it is that Astana let the vampires wait for 1 whole hours before the start of stage 8. Couple this with one of BB rants of draining/refilling/hemodiluting blood, and I think we know what went on. Bordry wrote a letter of complaint to McQuaid who will 'look into this' meaning look if the last check cleared.

Cobblestones said:
The gist of it is that Astana let the vampires wait for 1 whole hours before the start of stage 8. Couple this with one of BB rants of draining/refilling/hemodiluting blood, and I think we know what went on. Bordry wrote a letter of complaint to McQuaid who will 'look into this' meaning look if the last check cleared.
I thought the "showergate" issues were behind us.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:

Haha...

As for there being any poitives - I agree BB, that over the last few years a 'positive' was considered good publicity.
But I think this year, with the removal of Clerc from ASO and with the family back at the helm that positives wont be welcomed anymore.
It was starting to effect ASO's (and the UCI) bottom line - and the UCI have been brought back in to 'help' with the runnings of the control's.
So dont expect any positives during the Tour - they might throw one pawn to the press but certainly no big name.

Good link there Bala.

Cobbles is right. If you want, here's the link to the translated page.

This whole thing looks highly, highly suspicious, and really damning for the sport. And yet, it's dismissed, and ignored (as L'Equipe can't report anything anymore).

Not to harp on Astana, but the whole thing is becoming a sham. A farce. Reminds me of early "drug testing" in the NFL and MLB, and by any and all indication, we ramped up to this Tour hoping to make it cleaner than it has in years, and yet they're insuring it's not with BS like this. Why in the world would anyone want to take us back.

I've said before, and will again, what testers need to do is an evening test, then an early morning test. Then another surprise test just after the sign in. Anyone doping would very likely show some pretty askew numbers, even if they were careful. But they won't do this. Just as they seem to have little interest in the CO hematology test, or other similar tests.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
That would have to be quite a day :p

I like challenges, even if there is more then I bargined for.

As for the OP, I will believe it when I see it. I'm not really a cynical person by nature, but on this, I can't help but take it day-by-day. I certainly hope we don't have any positives FWIW.

TRENDING THREADS