• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 136 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can't stand the guy's capricious whining and excuse-making. Massively overrated rider. So much and such frequent bad luck that you realise it isn't luck.

Anyway, it's fine to fail. He just need to stfu up about it.
No he shouldn't. I am honestly much happier and prouder to be a fan of that loser than be stuck going through life as the kind of person who has a personality that leads them to loving Ineos riders

It's so obvious that this latest setback is the penultimate twist in the Pinot tale, before finally winning the Tour in 2023.

So much drama it has to be a fairy tale, not a tragedy.

I'm thinking 2019 probably was his best chance at ever winning the Tour. But what a chance that was... I'm not saying he would have won if he hadn't been injured, but it was certainly a possibility.

It's so obvious that this latest setback is the penultimate twist in the Pinot tale, before finally winning the Tour in 2023.

So much drama it has to be a fairy tale, not a tragedy.

The script is written in the stars, i.e. Pinot will be in yellow on the final TT with a two minute lead over Roglic... & you can guess what will happen.

He'll keep the yellow jersey with a 3 second lead & then lose it on the final stage when Primoz gets third in an intermediate sprint with a 4 second time bonus.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
The script is written in the stars, i.e. Pinot will be in yellow on the final TT with a two minute lead over Roglic... & you can guess what will happen.

He'll keep the yellow jersey with a 3 second lead & then lose it on the final stage when Primoz gets third in an intermediate sprint with a 4 second time bonus.
Thank goodness you did explain it, because I would say nobody can guess what will happen to Primoz in a final TT.

Thank goodness you did explain it, because I would say nobody can guess what will happen to Primoz in a final TT.

It's the "what goes around, comes around" rule.

i.e. what happened to Roglic in France last September, Roglic could do to others (or come close). That's often the case in sport & cycling in particular. Hell, you might get a taste of that in the upcoming Vuelta, i.e. the final stage is a 33.7km TT.

Bernal versus Pogacar versus Roglic. Someone could be on the wrong end of a repeat scenario. Except Pinot of course who probably won't be in the race (& even if he is I doubt he'll feature at the business end).

No he shouldn't. I am honestly much happier and prouder to be a fan of that loser than be stuck going through life as the kind of person who has a personality that leads them to loving Ineos riders

Lol. What a juvenile world view. Like you have to be a fan of either. Like you even need to be a fan :D

But since you mention Ineos, contrast whiny Pinot with stoic Froome. You don't have to like the guy or his style (and I dont) to recognise the toughness...and correspondingly why he is a winner

Lol. What a juvenile world view. Like you have to be a fan of either. Like you even need to be a fan :D

Who are you a fan of?

I've noticed you have a picture of the British Queen as your avatar, so I'm guessing you're British? Let me guess; you subscribe to the "stiff upper lip, better not show emotions" philosophy. :rolleyes: Suppose it's no wonder you'd have a weird irrational dislike for a guy who consistently shows that - guess what - pro cyclists are human too, and are obviously going to express disappointment when things go wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's not the losing that's the issue, but the injuries and illnesses. I could be wrong - and by that I mean there could have been an illness or injury I'd forgotten about - but I think the last time he abandoned a GT without any obvious injury/illness was the Tour in 2017, so... six years.

Who are you a fan of?

I've noticed you have a picture of the British Queen as your avatar, so I'm guessing you're British? Let me guess; you subscribe to the "stiff upper lip, better not show emotions" philosophy. :rolleyes: Suppose it's no wonder you'd have a weird irrational dislike for a guy who consistently shows that - guess what - pro cyclists are human too, and are obviously going to express disappointment when things go wrong.
Its also disgraceful that Elizabeth choose pink as I am pretty sure she never won the Giro. Disgraceful too how little emotion she shows and she will never be as popular as Tibo or Kim with that kind of dour personality

Except, as he himself says, he hasn't got a broken back

It was revealed after the Tour that his back was actually broken!

But anyway, he's been suffering from a back injury, breakage or not, that's a legitimate reason.
Or... was it also an "excuse" when Bernal abandonded the Tour last year?
Is Roglic abandoning this year an "excuse"?