• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Great performance but i know he can do beautiful things when he feels good, the problem is his consistency (a little bit like porte). Tonton, you're winning (yet)

Re:

portugal11 said:
Great performance but i know he can do beautiful things when he feels good, the problem is his consistency (a little bit like porte). Tonton, you're winning (yet)
Cuddos to you: you're fair play portugal11 :) . Hopefully we'll have two more weeks of this Tibopino. He can do it, no doubt.

No surprise: Quitana is above the rest. Dumoulin is scary... :eek:

Re:

Matteo. said:
Very surprising, i naver see him so strong in a GT stage. Bravissimo. I just hope he doesn't have his classic bad day
I'm not surprised one bit. I have been following Il Grandissimo Tibopino for quite some time. And I disagree with your statement: in '14, Pinot didn't have a bad day and he was impressive when he dropped Nibali on Port de Bales. Having said that, I see where you are coming from: in years past, Thibaut was mostly following wheels. He's more confident now: the win at La Ruta (dropping Valverde, catching/beating Contador) was key, in my opinion.

For some reason, Thibaut races well in Italy. He loves the country, the tifosi, participating in Il Giro was his dream: I hope he makes the best of it. The tattoo on his arm says "solo la vittoria è bella". Forza Tibopino!

Not only that, but also the lack of pressure the french media usually puts on their riders prior to the Tour. Particularly all the fuzz about Pinot vs Bardet. It's really not healthy.

I still think that he may have a bad day, but I honestly hope not for his sake and for the sake of the race.

1494831215-bardet.jpg

1494831247-pinot-bardet.jpg

:cool:

Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Matteo. said:
Very surprising, i naver see him so strong in a GT stage. Bravissimo. I just hope he doesn't have his classic bad day
I'm not surprised one bit. I have been following Il Grandissimo Tibopino for quite some time. And I disagree with your statement: in '14, Pinot didn't have a bad day and he was impressive when he dropped Nibali on Port de Bales. Having said that, I see where you are coming from: in years past, Thibaut was mostly following wheels. He's more confident now: the win at La Ruta (dropping Valverde, catching/beating Contador) was key, in my opinion.

For some reason, Thibaut races well in Italy. He loves the country, the tifosi, participating in Il Giro was his dream: I hope he makes the best of it. The tattoo on his arm says "solo la vittoria è bella". Forza Tibopino!

We'll see: this is his proof of maturity and I hope he will overcome it. If he does not have a bad day, the podium is certainly in its reach for what has shown this season

Strange how many think he is inconsistent in terms of day-to-day recovery, while he has actully been susceptible to being thrown off his game by external or unforseen circumstances. This too only happened in the pressure cooker environment of the Tour de France. From what was on show yesterday, he has the kind of confidence and maturity that he hasn't show before in a GT.

It was magnificent contrast of climbing styles between him and Dumoulin yesterday. One riding constant tempo, the other constantly accelerating and decelerating depending on how he felt at any given moment. And in the end both finished on same time.