• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DeDXJ6NX0AAMBOP

He needs a hug

Re:

Netserk said:
I'll admit that I was wrong, I didn't foresee Yates to drop dead. Strong comeback from Tibopino!

Although, in this very Giro, I guess we shouldn't take things for granted before the very end.
You can't be right ALL the time Netserk. And your last sentence is so...right: we have witnessed so many WTF moments at this Giro that one shall remain cautious.

Like I didn't get too low, I'm not getting too high. Having followed (some would say stalked :) ) Tibopino, studied his performances, progression, and personality since '11-'12, I'm really not surprised. Not one bit. He was going to do something today regardless. Unless the Dawg or TD falls apart tomorrow, he'll be somewhat defensive, and I can tell you that Thibaut is very aware that he's the defending stage-20 champion.

Vai Tibopino!

Re:

yaco said:
Reckon Pinot has been a touch below last year's level but he's learnt to only lose 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes when he has a 'bad day'.
He lost 3+ minutes in the ITT, double what it should have been...but I agree: as we saw it today, all it takes is one bad day and arrivederci. Thibaut has been relatively consistent, very stubborn all along, it may pay off. Obviously, if ASO wants to be friendly, nest year's Tour will have sprinters stages after rest days :) .

...painful to watch, and disappointed for sure. Thibaut had nothing left in the tank. I didn't want to get too high yesterday, I won't get too low after today. Very hard Giro, Aru, Chaves, Yates, now Pinot hit the wall. It's cycling, that's what makes this sport so special, as a fan you take the good, you take the bad.

Tibopino will lick his wounds, there's a lot more for him in '18. He did everything he could. Painful :( ...

Tonton said:
...painful to watch, and disappointed for sure. Thibaut had nothing left in the tank. I didn't want to get too high yesterday, I won't get too low after today. Very hard Giro, Aru, Chaves, Yates, now Pinot hit the wall. It's cycling, that's what makes this sport so special, as a fan you take the good, you take the bad.

Tibopino will lick his wounds, there's a lot more for him in '18. He did everything he could. Painful :( ...

Sorry for you buddy, but as you say, it's a part of the sport. He certainly didn't leave anything out on the road.

And there is always next year.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Man I really feel for TonTon. Pinot deserved much more. Heart of a lion and earned it more than Lopez/Carapaz duo. The Giro is cruel in the third week
Yeah. I've grown to really like Pinot. With his bad days and struggles he seems the most human GC rider out there to me.

Big shame he leaves with nothing now.

TRENDING THREADS