• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thigh Adductor Muscle Pain

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I Have started feeling pain in my Inner thigh, Adductor muscles both sides when i push hard. Can someone please help if this has been experienced by anybody? what's the cause? And how this can be cured? or corrected?

Thanks
AA

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have the sames issues, stated last year, in my left leg and ran down to the inside of my knee was sore, had to take 4 weeks of the bike. And it's never relly gone away just eases up, it's kick of in my right leg now but I'm just manage at the moment.

Sorry I don't have any answer just try and manage it
Just out of interest What's your bikes set up ie pedals ect?

Cheers dave

It's possible that your saddle is slightly too wide, even if it doesn't feel like it. I've had this a few times over the years (not badly) with a saddle that was only a few mm wider than my regular saddle.
It was worse when I was fatter :D

Could possibly be an inguinal hernia too. Unlikely, but worth getting checked out by a physio if pain is persistent. Also known as Gilmore's Groin.

More likely to be other more easier to fix stuff. Do you gently stretch warm adductors daily?

TRENDING THREADS