• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Things you learnt today...

A

Anonymous

1) Dont put the same effort into riding the new 12kg £600 bike as you put into the old 30kg £100 bike.. The result is climbing a hill, accidentally at almost double the cadence and twice the speed and then wondering why you are dying

2) Tangerines are not as nice as manderins

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
it makes me drink it too fast, at least the last time i had it, it did.

well you have to drink it before the ice melts and ruins it..

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
-> Some country people have weird new year's traditions like banging pots and pans with spoons loudly after midnight.

-> My car's battery dying on me at 00:35 01/01/2010 is annoying.

That's about it

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
Do not eat Liverwurst at 5 in the morning.

Good God man! That's as bad as wearing seersucker before Memorial Day (beginning of June). The mind reels!

A

Anonymous

that i really shouldnt go in the clinic.. its the same old cynical ****.. just a different day..

This is more yesterday, but still counts. Britain reallys does not do well anymore when the weather breaks from the normal parameters (ie. too much rain/snow/wind/sun). How can we have so much trouble when its always worse (weather wise) on Mainland Europe?

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I learnt that its hard to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkey's.

I learnt that iced coffee is not a good substitute for water.

I learnt that always, always, always preposition your wife with an upcoming ride if it is going to be greater than two hours to avoid any trouble after the fact.

I learnt that its hard to discipline my 2year old daughter when she looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

I learnt thaat stressing over work is pointless. More s@#t will be on the desk the next day so do what you can and move on.

:confused:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I learned today:

1) Når subjektet og den some eier objekter, er den samme, bruker vi si, sitt, og sine. Pronomenet bøyes etter sbustantivet det står til.

2) And taking night classes twice a week has all but wiped out my training/skiing this winter :cool:

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Just this morning, my bestfriend's hubby taught us how to change tires of our bikes. We got so dirty in the process and swore that we won't do it again :p

May 6, 2009
Visit site
That I have just learnt the Italian phrase to state that I don't a blood transfusion (Non voglio una trasfusione di sangue). That appeared in my Lonely Planet Italian phrasebook which is currently sitting on my desk.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
As much as I want to go back to Germany and see more of the country, then just Frankfurt, I think I would leave it for a few months. -2.5 degrees, no way Jose!

All things considered, that's not really that cold.

As I said I wore a sweater and while I would have been warmer in my coat, I was not really uncomfortable.

It all depends on what you are used to. Bad as our winter has been this year, much of the world has had much worse cold and snow.

Susan

A

Anonymous

.... that sometimes, perhaps, its just best to say nothing at all.. :cool:

TRENDING THREADS