• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Think before you start a thread

A

Anonymous

Yes, this should be in the "About the forum" section, but here is a rule I would like to see people follow.

1. Before posting a thread, read the first 2 pages of threads and don't post it if there is already a thread on the topic.

This Vino thing is ridiculous. It would have taken maybe a minute for each thread starter to read through and see that we had threads from yesterday to use for this "news." Don't just read cyclingnews main site and come here and start a thread as, because of time zones, things like the whole Astana situation have been read by others well before many of us woke up.

You kick other good threads on other topics back when you post the 15th freaking Astana thread.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Agree.

And a question. Does this forum not have moderators? If so then one of you go and weed out all those threads that are duplicates. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Some rules are good. This is a good rule.

I'm currently going through splitting the road forum up, and I can't agree more. Okay, some people use stupid titles on their threads - but how hard is it to look before posting! Bah.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

Greg Johnson said:
I'm currently going through splitting the road forum up, and I can't agree more. Okay, some people use stupid titles on their threads - but how hard is it to look before posting! Bah.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Ladies and gentlemen, doping Elvis has left the building!

We now have a place where we can talk about doping 24/7.

Good choice Greg. I am glad we can split things up now.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Love the title as well... "the clinic" (I am expecting Jack Nicholson to show up with a butcher's knife carving 'redrum' in the door..)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Brilliant! At long last, someone has listened.

Next - either you create another place where politics and religion can be discussed, a sort of 'all-purpose off topic' forum, or you moderate this forum more effectively than has been the case till now so that neither of those subjects is dragged into cycling talk. Susan really can't do it on her own.

edit - how does a topic get 5 stars?

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yes, this should be in the "About the forum" section, but here is a rule I would like to see people follow.

1. Before posting a thread, read the first 2 pages of threads and don't post it if there is already a thread on the topic.

This Vino thing is ridiculous. It would have taken maybe a minute for each thread starter to read through and see that we had threads from yesterday to use for this "news." Don't just read cyclingnews main site and come here and start a thread as, because of time zones, things like the whole Astana situation have been read by others well before many of us woke up.

You kick other good threads on other topics back when you post the 15th freaking Astana thread.

+1..................

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:

Cheers
Greg Johnson
Ahhhhh... thankfully no more BYU123 blather clogging the threads.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Got it. So all Lance related threads in the doping forum ?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
I believe it's just based on the number of responses in a certain time frame.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

P.S. I'm trying to merge Vino threads as I go...gawd damn.

hey greg off topic but is there anyway you can edit the title of a thread

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
hey greg off topic but is there anyway you can edit the title of a thread

I obviously can, but I'm not sure it's a standard function in user accounts. I think it's the one part that cannot be edited once posted.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:

blimey... its like a new world.. i actually agree with TFF of something.. :D

New road sections, finally.. hurrah

All we need now is a coffee shop but the general road section will do, and a few pixies, or elfs or whatever they are to help greg in what will be constant merging and moving and we will be fine.. :D

I dread to think how many threads and posts over the next few weeks are going to be reported for being in the wrong section :eek:

can i just suggested that a closed sticky is put at the top of every section echoing TFF for foods comments about thinking before you post, but also saying that THREAD TITLES SHOULD BE RELEVANT TO THE SUBJECT, not just "would you beleive it", or "well theres another one out then"

the only problem of course is those one size fits all threads... you know the ones, they start with "astana lineup for tour de france" and flow through doping ellegations, onto armstrong is the devil.. although hopefully, i think the members here are literate enough, and certainly intelligent enough to nip it in the bud if it does...

hurrah for a new tidy world...

(and ive just visited CN.. no spoilers :eek:)

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
blimey... its like a new world.. i actually agree with TFF of something.. :D

Hey, just like me, even a stopped clock is right twice per day.........

Greg Johnson said:

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Thanks Greg. I think it was a good idea to make a seperate forum for doping and I thank you folks for that. It was just getting a bit out of hand and polarizing the forum way too much; lots of fans fighting amongst each other (and yes I admit I played my part). This should improve the quality of the discussion on here.

TRENDING THREADS