• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Think before you start a thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
Got it. So all Lance related threads in the doping forum ?

Awesome....

I agree with almost everything the TS said except ambiguous thread titles. I sometimes like the surprise of what I am clicking on, and hoping it is good (and let down often), but there is always that chance!
This isn't a forum that gives any form of reputation or ranking for making a good thread or posts, so I don't really understand everyone starting the same threads. There is nothing to gain. We need that beating a dead horse icon.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Yes, this should be in the "About the forum" section, but here is a rule I would like to see people follow.

1. Before posting a thread, read the first 2 pages of threads and don't post it if there is already a thread on the topic.

This Vino thing is ridiculous. It would have taken maybe a minute for each thread starter to read through and see that we had threads from yesterday to use for this "news." Don't just read cyclingnews main site and come here and start a thread as, because of time zones, things like the whole Astana situation have been read by others well before many of us woke up.

You kick other good threads on other topics back when you post the 15th freaking Astana thread.

Suck a nut.

A

Anonymous

RACING
GENERAL
CLINIC

Is it really that phucking complicated to start a thread in the right section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
RACING
GENERAL
CLINIC

Is it really that phucking complicated to start a thread in the right section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are referring to this thread in particular, I started it when there was just one section. I don't think you are considering you posted about it earlier, but just in case you were, ease up.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
If you are referring to this thread in particular, I started it when there was just one section. I don't think you are considering you posted about it earlier, but just in case you were, ease up.

oh im not mate... just have a look at todays new "racing" threads...

My earlier comment is that your thoughts here along with some others should be stickied so everyone actually sees them and THINKS..

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
oh im not mate... just have a look at todays new "racing" threads...

My earlier comment is that your thoughts here along with some others should be stickied so everyone actually sees them and THINKS..

That would be a nice thing. However, I think some have the idea that posting your own thread makes you famous or gains you World Forum Points in the Great Forum Thread Starting World Championships. Just a friendly note to those people, the Great Forum Thread Starting World Championship doesn't exist.

A

Anonymous

mr_bump.gif

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Is that "bump?"

yup and in response to the competition earlier today regading tony martin thread...

i think your competition entry was ahole...

well the good news is..

winner.jpg

A

Anonymous

ever heard the phrase preaching to the converted?

damn im grumpy.. i think im on my period..

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
Hopefully some people saw, and learned from the insanity I posted earlier...

before the moderators deleted them, as I asked.

Listen smart guy, if you had used your eyes and briefly engaged your brain before assaulting your keyboard you would have seen that this instance of two topics about the same rider was entirely coincidental and innocent.

I brought up the first TM topic from page 6 (rather than start a new topic), the only one I remembered seeing since I joined this forum.

Here I'm breaking new ground by sticking up for BB - who evidently suddenly remembered that he had drawn the forum's attention to TM early in March, and who then revived his own, ancient topic to demonstrate his foresight.

A brief read with open eyes would have made this clear to you and would have spared us your madness.

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
A brief read with open eyes would have made this clear to you and would have spared us your madness.

I think that was the point he was trying to make.. ? possibly...

All it meant for me was i wasted ages because of the 60 seconds between reporting posts rule..

isnt it funny how in the space of three days, people who had formerly been at loggerheads have allied together against a new and more formidable enemy.. :O Ive actually started agreeing with TFF and BB.. WBT still has a way to go.. :D

TRENDING THREADS